The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Phill Smith: Now appearing live, here (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Hi there, I have finally heard the call of the Café and come to see what's cooking. I am a UK based performer, with a special interest in mentalism, I look forward to seeing the comings and goings on the forum and participating in some lively debate no doubt.

Lets get started then

Phill Smith
The new Elysian Duets, marked cards featuring my unique Optical Marking System:
-+: https://phillsmithcreative.com/products/elysian-duets :+-
Harry Truman
View Profile
Regular user
England
156 Posts

Profile of Harry Truman
Hi there Phill,

Just read about your new book - it sounds wonderful! Nice to see you here, you should be another gem in the sparkling water that is The Magic Café Smile

Welcome.
"Man's highest reward for his dedication to the pursuit of excellence is not what he gets from it, but what he becomes through it."
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
Hello Phill!

Piers UK
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
MagiCanada
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver
140 Posts

Profile of MagiCanada
Welcome to the Café!
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
328 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Welcome to the Café!
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
SixStringedIllusion
View Profile
New user
San Francisco
6 Posts

Profile of SixStringedIllusion
Mentalism is always fun, what kind do like particularly?
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Good question SixString!

I have always been interested in the paranormal, and my involvement in magic and mentalism has been something of an outgrowth of this fascination. The thing that appeals to me about mentalism is I suppose the fact that your props are the audience themselves, their thoughts, their ideas.

You get to borrow these very personal things and use them to paint a picture of a world where the incredible feats that you do are possible. I love building presentations where you lead with something plausible but impressive, like a graphology demonstration, and then peel away the layers until you are left with something impossible, and to lead the audience members along with you.

As to what particular kind of mentalism I like, I'm a big fan of the simple and direct. Pretty much everything I like to perform is all about stripping away the complexity of method to get as close to the truth of the effect as possible. This means minimal props, minimal method, and lots of room for performance and characterisation.

I love to perform effects that are as close to impromptu as can be, and to be honest, the reason is probably because to me, it feels more like the real thing.

Bit sad that I suppose!

Phill
The new Elysian Duets, marked cards featuring my unique Optical Marking System:
-+: https://phillsmithcreative.com/products/elysian-duets :+-
mark1991
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, Lincolnshire, England
311 Posts

Profile of mark1991
Hi there,

Welcome to the Magic Café!

Hope to see you around!

Many thanks

Magical Mark Watson
(mark1991)
http://magicnewstelevision.com/mn/magicalmark

Magical Mark Watson - Christian magician, juggler, puppeteer, all-round entertainer and lover of Christ!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Phill Smith: Now appearing live, here (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL