The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » RIP Howard Fint (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
My dear friend, Howard Flint, has passed on to a better place yesterday. Howard, has suffered a variety of maladies for the past ten years, collapsed at this home and never recovered.

Howard was well known in magic circles for inventing the Bowling Ball from Briefcase (which so many have ripped off), his smoke cocktails, clever wit and extreme knowledge of all things magical. He had worked many of the national conventions and with the Blackstone Christmas spectaculars. Even in these past few years when his ability to do magic was limited, he still kept his mind sharp and always thinking about the next new act.

Howard was survived by his wife of 20 years, Veronica, her children and several grandchildren.

Howard was a dear friend but at times he really ****ed me off. But there will never be another. He would give you honest criticism and always be there. A truer friend a man never had.
Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I spoke with Veronica this morning for about an hour or so. She is doing pretty well.

Howard collapsed at home and never regained consciousness. On Saturday, the decision was made to remove life support. Howard's heart actually beat stronger afterwards. I just guess he was not ready to go on until Sunday. All of his step kids and Veronica were there with him.

As per Howard's request, there will be no calling hours. In a few weeks once things settle down, the will try to have a celebration of his life. I will try to keep people posted here.

Cards may be sent to Veronica Flint, 1481 Bell St., Chagrin Falls, OH 44022.
Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
That is sad to hear Richard. Howard's family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I always thought that Doty had invented the Bowling Ball From Briefcase.

Scott Compton
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Scott, there is some confusion on the bowling Ball. At the very least, Howard was the very first to present it. Doty did make his first version. Howard later made one that could be shown both sides.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
D--n. Howard is laughing his ass off at me right now. I had talked with Veronica but my frame of mind was that Howard had passed, due to another friend's post. He has not passed but it is imminent. His heart actually got stronger when he was taken off life support.

I can feel Howard chastizing me verbally.

Please pray for him and his family.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
JKing
View Profile
New user
Tampa, FL
53 Posts

Profile of JKing
Howard was a FANTASTIC entertainer. He will be missed.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
The arrangements have been made for Howard Flint's Celebration of Life.

Date: Saturday 14 April 2007
Time: Afternoon - 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
will serve light refreshments
Place: Notre Dame College, Performing Arts Center,
South Green Road, South Euclid OH

We will have a short prayer/invocation

IBM Blackstone Ring #23 will do the Broken Wand.

Then we would like those present to tell Flint stories/experiences. Kidwell will "M.C."

Rest in Peace dear friend.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Sorry, but I missed this post. Richard did inform me on the road that we had lost Howard. But I simply missed seeing this post.

Howard and I had some history together. The best part was magic.

Howard was a better patriot than most could ever know.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » RIP Howard Fint (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL