The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » What is the Name of the Trick where David Blaine Takes His Heart Out from His Chest ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Liyao
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Liyao
What is this trick called and where can I find this trick...?
Thanks
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Unique? [It may be unique to him.]
Liyao
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Liyao
Hi Zodiac,

Is the trick named "Unique" or the trick is unique?

Thanks for replying....
thiago
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
179 Posts

Profile of thiago
This is not a marketed effect: this is Blaines's trick.

But what do you want from it at all.. take your heart out in the middle of the show?
Liyao
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Liyao
No, this is not the main idea...As I am always fascinated with bizarre things and I collect information on this stuff...

It's just for my additional knowledge to my magic...hope someone out there will help..

Thanks
Missing_Link
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of Missing_Link
It's a variation on the "psychic surgery" theme.

ML
Liyao
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Liyao
Where can I find more on psychic surgery ?

Thanks ML
Vincenzo
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
215 Posts

Profile of Vincenzo
Phychic surgery is not really an effect, but is a con that "phychic surgeons" use. They claim they can perform surgery on you, without high tech equipment. All they use is their bare hands and some cotton balls, to clean the area where they will be inserting their hands. The main "move" is just curling your fingers in, so it creates the illusion of penetration.
You can find a very detailed discription of how to do this effect at http://www.ultimatemagic.com
Just search for phychic surgery.

Good luck,
-Vincenzo
thiago
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
179 Posts

Profile of thiago
About phychic surgery, you'd also like to check Randi's book FlimFlam! or his web site
http://www.randi.org
Vincenzo
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
215 Posts

Profile of Vincenzo
I think they exposed this on tv a while back, along with crop circles, and psychics who steal people's money.
Liyao
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Liyao
Thanks a lot guys for the all above information...
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
The information is good. However, if you watch again you should see Blaine used other methods....

s
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
I think the name of the trick must be called Stupid, anyone who thinks the public will believe such a con must be stupid.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Kondini, WOW! Do you really think people would believe this, NO! Its an illusion, he's a magician, it was a stunningly artistic salute to magic.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Slap my legs I thought this section was Believe it or not,,,,,,,,Well I don't !
Pekka
View Profile
Special user
Finland
560 Posts

Profile of Pekka
Come on Kondini! Go to the sceptic message board, we all know it was a trick.

But the audience in the show started screaming, fainting, running away etc.
I think that was an awsome stunt.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
My audiences scream and faint (When I drop my trousers)Point I was trying to make between the lines was that. I was doing a gig for the British Ring at the Wintergarden`s theatre in Malvern, act name of Martial Magic, the general theme being Martial art style stunts performed by magical means.

Comments after the show proved that the real stunts (Block breaking etc)performed the genuine way were accepted and appreciated,,,the climax to the performance being a demonstration of driving a large spike with a single blow using my head!!! Performed with magic gimms,,,,it looked great in rehearsal,,,but just toooooooo much for the punters to swallow. I leave you to judge for yourself,as Ken Brooke used to say, plausible miracles. Get the drift.

Still I suppose it's horses for courses, all I know is what works for me, and OTT is out unless you wanna listen to the sniggers.
Pekka
View Profile
Special user
Finland
560 Posts

Profile of Pekka
Yes, I can now see your point.

I think we (magicians) make a one big mistake when we discuss stuff in these message boards. We talk about effects and methods etc. But we forget that there are different kinds of spectators.

Kondini is absolutely right. If performed to a magician do not try to make the Blaine trick. In fact, avoid anything Blaine has done, most of the tricks are too well known.

However, when performed to a lay audience (there are several kind of these too) one can quite easily mix real and fake effects. I use nail in the nose and needle thru arm. As I show them very clearly that the nail is in my nose and if they want to they can pull it out, they don't even suspect anything when I put the needle thru my arm.
Tim Taylor
View Profile
Veteran user
1970 - 2012
375 Posts

Profile of Tim Taylor
Truly you didn't think this was a marketed effect. This is a stunt any kid could pull off with stuff just from the kitchen. But give Blaine his due. I thought, God I can't belive he's doing this but going to work the next day everybody was talking about it and some were wondering if he was okay. This due mainly I think because of the acting abilities of Carson Daily limited as they may be.
"Even a mosquito gets a slap on the back for a job well done" - Tim Taylor
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » What is the Name of the Trick where David Blaine Takes His Heart Out from His Chest ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL