The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Color changing CD's ... routines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Habu
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas / Alabama
393 Posts

Profile of Habu
Howdy, Hello and Greetings;

I watched a demo online for color changing CD's. In the write up it mentioned the older Color Changing Records and that this was the same thing with CD's. There is a demo on the site in which the demonstrator says it has a 4 disc and a 6 disc routine...he demonstrates the 4 disc routine. See it in the link:

http://www.magictricks.com/stage/colchcd.htm

I had the Color Changing Records about 20+ years ago, and although they were very simply made with low cost materials, the effect worked fine for kids and adults. So since it had a routine I remembered plus a second routine I decided to purchase the effect. But I really liked the 4 disc routine.

When it came in, it not only does not have the 4 disc routine, but it really doesn't have a 6 disc routine either, it does describe the illusion and the "move" but there is no routine.

Now in all fairness to the company in the link above, I ordered the same trick but from a different company. So I am not implying they misled me.

So, after my setup, my question is, have any of you purchased the color changing cd's and if so do you understand how to do the 4 CD routine-as this is what I was interested in doing.

Or can you recommend literature that would allow me to devise a routine using these discs?

If you feel it is a secret give-away to others please PM me on it, I can furnish proof I have the trick if you feel it is necessary.

Thanks in advance,
www.magicbyhabu.com
Habu: Taken from SR-71 spy plane I worked on. It's name came from a poisonous snake on Okinawa. Hope my magic isn't poisonous!
Habu
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas / Alabama
393 Posts

Profile of Habu
Thanks for the PM's,
www.magicbyhabu.com
Habu: Taken from SR-71 spy plane I worked on. It's name came from a poisonous snake on Okinawa. Hope my magic isn't poisonous!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
A DVD called "Showoff" by Eddy Ray teaches a lot of manipulation with CDs. But you will have to put your own rountine together.

The following is what I have. It is better than that old silk thru record method: http://www.howtodotricks.com/Stage-3.html You will have to keep up with practicing to remember the moves.

If you are looking for more tricks with CDs, check out: http://www.magiclegends.com/djkjmagic.html
The Conjuror
View Profile
Regular user
Illinois, USA
132 Posts

Profile of The Conjuror
I've always preferred the old silk thru record method. I used to have one called Silk Serenade when I was in high school. I liked the idea of passing the silks through because it gave a reason for the records to change color. When you just show 3 silver CDs and make them change color without silks, some people might wonder "why are they changing color? What's the motive?"

But hey, to each his own, right?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Now manipulation CDs are being made. They are half as thin as regular CDs. They come in bulks. The average price is $3.00 per CD.
Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
591 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
Where can you get these manip CDs....

a few shops would be great....
Drew Manning
View Profile
Special user
Dallas, Texas
913 Posts

Profile of Drew Manning
Having played around with Eddy Ray's material, I can tell you that you probably don't need the special manipulation CDs. With out tipping too much, the only prblme I have with a regualr CD is that the hole in the center is too small for my hands to execute crucial moves.

This is why I have moved up to 45s Smile
I live my life for a layer of ice
Just like those poured by my bartender vice
Any taste of vermouth would be really sublime,
When you have a good martini time!

-The Reverend Horton Heat
AnthonyMaze
View Profile
Loyal user
San Diego, Ca
260 Posts

Profile of AnthonyMaze
In the DVD Eddie Ray suggest's filing down the center hole. I tried it and it works, but for multiple produtions your going to want to have the thin .6mm discs Im in the process of looking for the color ones.

Does anyone know where to get the ones that eddie ray has that have a different color on either side?

Feel free to PM.
...for the 51st time... that is NOT my card...
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Hey fellows this is Bairefoot. I have a method that uses only four disc. You show them all sliver then they change one at a time to different colors. I have been using this in my "Hacker Computer Act" for about 8 years now.

Bairefoot
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2007-06-17 07:43, _MB_ wrote:
Where can you get these manip CDs....

a few shops would be great....

http://www.magic-anywhere.com/laser.htm
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
I have the best idea for making a centre hole bigger on a compact disc. takes 2 mins. pm me for info.
Nedim
View Profile
Elite user
istanbul/turkey
444 Posts

Profile of Nedim
You can find manipulation cds is http://www.maxello.com

magicially yours,

Nedim Guzel
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Wally, please pm your idea.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thank you. That is a good idea.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2007-06-17 12:06, Drew Manning wrote:
Having played around with Eddy Ray's material, I can tell you that you probably don't need the special manipulation CDs. With out tipping too much, the only prblme I have with a regualr CD is that the hole in the center is too small for my hands to execute crucial moves.

This is why I have moved up to 45s Smile

Manipulation CDs have bigger holes in the middle. Jumbo manipulation CDs are for sell now.
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
I tried making a set of color changing CDs from directions found in an older issue of the Linking ring and have a heck of a time with them sticking. I used glossy labels but if I use hubless or standard, the two I want to separate are always hard to part.

Are the CDs sold in the set with 4 or 6 any different in how they slide past each other no matter which side is facing which side?
Anyway to fix my problem with the ones I have made?
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I have had problems with most of the Color Changing CDs I have bought either 'sticking', or not fitting together flat enough. The best set I ever tried is no longer made.
Mister Mystery
glennmagi
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of glennmagi
I thought about doing manipulation cds myself but I thought to myself how may people in the audience wouldn't know what they are.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Color changing CD's ... routines (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL