The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » When do you get into your costume? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2007-07-24 00:22, Stanyon wrote:
Usually change at the venue, the dressing room is pretty much the second nail on the right!

Cheers! Smile

OOps! Sorry Stanyon, I almost got the wrong nail.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Bob,

Not everyone can work in such high-class joints!

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Jason Fleming
View Profile
Veteran user
Marooned, Hawaii
374 Posts

Profile of Jason Fleming
I usually get completely into costume before leaving for the gig. I put the props into the correct pockets, etc. Helps to run through the checklist and not leave anything necessary behind. I can then take parts of the costume off for comfort while traveling.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
It all depends on the gig. For a strolling gig, I arrive about 15 minutes prior to my contracted start time to get a lay for the land but I'm dressed and ready to go when I arrive.

If it's a larger show I'm performing, then I will usually be wearing my dress slacks and my official golf/polo shirt. It's a black shirt with GOT MAGIC? on the breast pocket and under that it says The Magic of Christopher Lyle. That way, I still look professional for loading in and right before show time, I put on my shirt, jacket, tie, etc.

As for storing them, I have 10 different suites that are all on hangers in my closets. I don't fool with Zipper Bags b/c I'm always workin' somewhere so the suits usually all get worn. No need for storage...
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Most of my work is strolling, and relatively close to my home, so I normally change before I leave. I'm normally in either a suit/tux or business casual, so my jacket stays on a hanger while I drive. If I'm traveling quite a distance to the gig, especially if it's through an agent, I normally like to arrange for a room to change when I get there.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2007-11-21 06:07, pepka wrote:
Most of my work is strolling, and relatively close to my home,

Boy, do you know how to hurt a guy! I live on a ranch. Any gig is a hour away. That includes the airport!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I usually arrive dressed as I'll be for the performance. But, I don't put my jacket on until a few minutes before the performance. I have a clothes brush handy, in case I need it. My setup isn't very strenuous, if I find a good loading entrance, and I often wear a light jacket or overcoat to protect my clothes. I usually find changing clothes to be a hassle in some venues, because the restroom floor is sometimes something that you don't want your pant leg resting on, even in the venues with good reputations.

When I start doing my full evening show, I'll change clothes at the venue, after I get the big stuff setup.
yeahidomagic
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of yeahidomagic
Well before the gig I gell my long hair back in a pony , put on my dress pants , long sleeve (formal) dress shirt , my blak suede vest,put in my contacts,brush my teeth! depending up what gig it is if close up I bring my little aluim case , or if kids show bring my suitcase table with a duffle bag for puppets , coustumes , etc. I drsss before I get to the gig.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
If it a small venue, I am already dressed and ready to perform. A large venue, I bring my performance clothes to the venue and change there.
whoton
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of whoton
I was told by one of my mentors when I was younger to never even sit down in yr performing clothes. It keeps them crisp without a sag in the knees, and professional looking...The magician should be the best dressed person in the room right? So following his advice I always change at the venue, and would not consider driving to the venue in my performing clothes as it creases them and they collect dust etc. Then when you jump up on stage you have total confidence that you look the part. One less thing to worry about.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » When do you get into your costume? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL