The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Eye of the tiger magic trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

doubled
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of doubled
Does any one know how to do theeye of the tiger magic trick?
The Conjuror
View Profile
Regular user
Illinois, USA
132 Posts

Profile of The Conjuror
I'm unsure of 2 things.

(1) Are we able to explain HOW to perform tricks? I believe that is kept solely in the "Banquet Hall" or some other specific topic in the forums.

(2) I'm not sure what the eye of the tiger is, exactly. Can you describe the effect? I'd like to know so I could possibly research it.
dodgechargerrt30
View Profile
Regular user
Kentucky
158 Posts

Profile of dodgechargerrt30
This trick is simple but I'm sure I'm not allowed to explain it

just buy it from penguin on instant download

but I warn you its not somthing I would keep doing, I use to use it for like a month but then got tired with it

don't get me wrong I like the effect but I don't think its for serious magicians I think its kind of like one of the "Grandpa tricks" lol like the quarter behind ear and thumb pulling thing

and conjorer its basically a string with an eye representing the eye of a needle and it appears the magician can INSTANLY thread the eye no matter how small the hole is and even a knot can be tied to it

overall if your a begginer I SERIOUSLY reccoment it because its ease to do but other than that I wouldnt waste money on it

that's about it,

DC
I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something
MagiCanada
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver
140 Posts

Profile of MagiCanada
Quote:
On 2007-02-16 01:56, dodgechargerrt30 wrote:
This trick is simple but I'm sure I'm not allowed to explain it

just buy it from penguin on instant download

but I warn you its not somthing I would keep doing, I use to use it for like a month but then got tired with it

don't get me wrong I like the effect but I don't think its for serious magicians I think its kind of like one of the "Grandpa tricks" lol like the quarter behind ear and thumb pulling thing

and conjorer its basically a string with an eye representing the eye of a needle and it appears the magician can INSTANLY thread the eye no matter how small the hole is and even a knot can be tied to it

overall if your a begginer I SERIOUSLY reccoment it because its ease to do but other than that I wouldnt waste money on it

that's about it,

DC

If you already have Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic or "Cyclopedia of Magic" it's in there as THREADING THE NEEDLE.

You may already have the instructions and just not know it.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Quote:
On 2007-02-15 23:35, The Conjuror wrote:

Are we able to explain HOW to perform tricks? I believe that is kept solely in the "Banquet Hall" or some other specific topic in the forums.

Just to keep you out of the path of the flame, I'll try to help with that.

This isn't really a exposure site (Where methods for particular tricks are explained) It's more of a conversation site for 1: people who already know or are learning something legitimately, and need help 2: people who want to discuss related topics.

If you try asking about how to do a marketed effect you will receive, at best, replies such as "Buy the effect" you may get a link or just get blasted for being a secret seeker. Best to avoid it.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
kroberge
View Profile
New user
Old Town, Maine
75 Posts

Profile of kroberge
Doubled,

Avoid buying instant downloads from penguinmagic. What I've found is that I watch a cool demo, get all excited and buy it. Sure its cool, but invariably I learn later that it's in a book or on a DVD along with ten other tricks and I've just wasted my money. This trick is a perfect example as MagiCanada explains.

Buy books and DVDs. You'll get tons of magic for not much money. Consider the Royal Road to Card Magic. It costs about $12, then go buy a decent deck of cards for $3 and for $15 you're on your way to learning dozens and dozens of cool tricks. Or buy Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic, which new is only $20 and has tricks on cards, coins, ropes, silks, sponge balls, etc.

Good Luck and welcome to the Café

Kevin
dodgechargerrt30
View Profile
Regular user
Kentucky
158 Posts

Well lol I would listen to theese guys they are telling the truth (i didn't know it was in a book I just think it not worth the money*

*unless its in a book with a lot more tricks (wich in this case it is)

DC
the AuditOrr
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of the AuditOrr
I agree completely. STAY AWAY FROM PENGUIN! I have not been too impressed with Penguin Magic. Some things are fine, such as buying an item...but the downloads aren't worth it. THink about a DVD by L and L publishing. Those DVDs are what $35? And a download by Penguin is $12? Personally I'd rather see and learn a fair few effects by some professional and quality magicians raher than watch three magic tricks by a single performer that bites. (sorry penguin magic but it's true).

When I was really JUST getting into magic I purchased liquid metal from Penguin and the performer WOULD NOT quit saying "if you would." HOLY CRAP! IF YOU WOULD?? I'm pretty sure they will as they're observing the magic here and interested. It was extremely annoying. It was good what he came up with but yet really annoying performance.

Anyway, I do like their card to wallet. I bought that and I use it every day as an everyday wallet as well as a trick. There's my view of Penguin.

Fraser
I want to go far...
dodgechargerrt30
View Profile
Regular user
Kentucky
158 Posts

I actually like penguin magic I think Morgan is not a good teacher I like OZ and Jay they do a good job in my opinion I usually always buy there because 1 the shipping is FAST to my house in KY and 2. the 10 Percent coupon I mean when you look at it they offer the free shipping for a while which makes it to my house in 3 days and 10 percent of of the order

so for me its worth it

but the instant downloads I really don't like them

although... if you want to learn a trick that's in a book and you cant learn from a book then its not THAT bad to pay for JUST the trick you want to know because for some people books are Hard to learn from

there is a thread here that helps you with HOW TO LEARN FROM A BOOK but its still too hard for some that cant VISUALIZE lol without dvds I would not be doing magic because I remember I got Expert at the card table and REALLY wanted to learn the interlock and I COULD NOT do it so I bought McBrides dvd's JUST for that effect and guess what...its the best purchase I ever made (although I cant do the interlock STILL) but I can do more stuff on the dvd

sorry ill stop babbling now OVERALL I would say buy L&L they are the best dvds IMO but if you ONLY want to learn that ONE effect then it wont KILL you to buy from penguin lol

PEACE

DC

sorry for my long (and mabye confusing) post lol
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Isn't that the one where you perform a card trick with Survivor (the greatest 80's band ever oh yeah!) playing in the background?
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
dodgechargerrt30
View Profile
Regular user
Kentucky
158 Posts

Lol that would probably be a better trick than the real trick
vanishingrabbit
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of vanishingrabbit
It's all in Tarbell...I'm telling you now
Magically yours,
Brent Smith
Michael Jay
View Profile
Regular user
Toledo, Ohio
180 Posts

Profile of Michael Jay
Okay, so I'm pulling up a really old thread here - I just found it on google when I was searching for something similar.

"Eye of the Tiger" is called "Threading the Needle" in Wilson's "Complete Course" book. The instant download is also teaching it wrong. The workings of the trick are exposed and it is not properly set up (the loop should NOT change positioning when the threading action occurs). Wilson's gives the proper procedure to ensure that there is no discrepancy with the loop once the threading takes place.

Give the instant download a pass and pick up a copy of Wilson's.

Mike.
You can get the latest issues of Top Hat by clicking here.
Visit us on FaceBook by clicking here.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Eye of the tiger magic trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL