The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The New Jersey Experiment (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

serge storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
380 Posts

Profile of serge storms
Performer takes out a red deck and blue deck - you spread out the red deck face down quickly showing all backs to be red and then square them up and set aside.
You take the blue deck, have a card selected, put back in and mix the deck up.
You take a flashlight or laser pointer and move the beam of light from the blue deck to the red deck as you explain that this is transporting the selected card thru time and space to the red deck.
The blue deck is then counted face up by the spectator as they look for their card and they find that their card is missing and that only 51 cards remain in the deck.
The red deck is then spread face down again and there in the middle of the spread is one blue backed card.
It is of course the selected card.
Ok my thoughts on this; you don't need to use a flashlight or laser pointer but if you like theatrics and story telling is a big part of your personality when performing then you may want to do that.
I actually took this approach: based on the name of the effect and it's reference to the real life "Philadelphia Experiment" that happened back in 1943 (here's a link for you history freaks like me http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Experiment)
I have an actual printout of the story and the photo of the ship all in "old fashioned black and white" wrapped around the two decks as I take them out.
I briefly show the story with photo of ship and explain how based on those experiments in teleportation etc that I'd like to try a smaller version of the experiment.
I then proceed with the routine basically as it reads above but with my own style and patter etc.
It's a nice little show piece complete with a beginning middle and end and a great story based on a true and real experiment (conspiracy theory or not) so it makes for a fun performance piece.
For $19.95 from bob solari - this guy has become the king of the two deck miracles in my opinion. If you haven't already; check out his "double barrel" as well, another 2 deck killer. Find out more at this link:

http://www.gmrcreations.com/bob/splash.htm
afknight
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of afknight
Nice routine serge.. I also agree that Bob has a track record of producing some very clever effects with one and two decks...
digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
Thanks for the review/routine serge storms!

Regards,
digitaltrip
digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
Does anyone else have this? Any other reviews for the New Jersey Experiment?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The New Jersey Experiment (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL