The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Vanishing Bandana Confetti (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
For those of you who perform the vanishing bandana, I'm looking to have confetti when I open the bandana at the end, mainly for misdirection. At what point in the routine and how do you add the confetti? Thanks for any tips!
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Misdirection with the Vanishing Bandana?

Seriously, you'd be suprised how many people are fooled by this. It is a strong effect and in my opinion, with confetti to aid the misdirection seems like you are trying to "run while you aren't being chased".

Just my opinion.
-Bryan
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Bryan,
Thanks for the thoughts. I think it's a strong effect as well, but the moment of the vanish seems to me to be stronger when a tiny bit of glitter or confetti comes out! Not always, but in this particular trick I think it adds a touch of magic! Just my thoughts.
The best idea I've had so far is using a TT and just wearing that the whole time.
Magic Monkichi
View Profile
Elite user
Ontario, Canada
401 Posts

Profile of Magic Monkichi
You could always make something similar to a snow storm load and use that. That way no worrie of leakage and can carry it anywhere on you. Just my two cents.

Matt
TheCaffeinator
View Profile
Regular user
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
126 Posts

Profile of TheCaffeinator
Use a modified Devil's Hank with two chambers, on opposite sides of the hank. When you display the hank, hold it by the corners so the opening of the confetti chamber points up. Gather the bottom corners and use the second chamber to deal with the banana. To reveal the vanish, release the corners you originally held to display the hank and hold the other two; this will result in the banana chamber pointing up and the confetti chamber pointing down, which will dump the confetti. Doing the release with a big flourishy movement should propel the confetti such that it doesn't look like it is falling out of a corner of the hank.

Having said that, I also question the need for confetti as "misdirection" in the routine. Misdirection from what? There is nothing suspicious happening at that point, although if you are using a poorly made Devil's Hank, the confetti might temporarily "misdirect" fom unsightly bulging...but keeping the hank moving can do that, too.

As well, you risk getting some people thinking that if the handkerchief can conceal confetti, it might also be able to conceal a banana.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Vanishing Bandana Confetti (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL