The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » The "What's Wrong" Topic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Hey guys... I didn't know this forum would be as dead as it is, so I decided to start a new fun and exciting topic...

What we need to do: Whenever your new month of Genii comes, if you can find any mistakes, or type-o's, or anything of that nature, post it here and put the page it is on...

NOTE: This is in no way saying that said magazine needs to do something about the way they produce this magazine or anything... Everyone makes mistakes - we are simply pointing them out just for the heck of it, and just to be observant and have fun...

I guess I'll start it off! =]

Genii - March 2007
1. Since when is Coca Cola the color of water? (front cover page with Lance Burton)
2. On page 110 (the first Proline add), it reads (in effect #1) "...or anything or comparable size." - It should read "...or anything OF comparable size."

Have fun guys,
-Vinnie
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Hey Vinnie,

Cool idea, but, I gotta say, as someone who edits a magazine, I find this a bit painful. I have a hard time looking at my own magazine after it comes out because I inevitably find errors that haven't been proofed out. If there was a thread like this about my magazine it would really push me over the edge...
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Thanks, but honestly, no harm is meant...

If you guys feel this is too harsh of an idea, please remove it.. Otherwise, keep the posts coming! =]

Best,
-Vinnie
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I don't want to hear about any typographical errors in the ads, which are sent to us in completed form by the advertisers.
But I'm happy to hear about any mistakes that we've made in the production of the content.
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Sorry Richard, I didn't know about the adds.

I will let you know of any type-o's I find from the articles though. =] LOL

All the best,
-Vinnie
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Hey Vinnie, when you're looking for typos, it's best to be a good speller. The word "ads" is spelled with only one "d." Smile
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Oooopppsss...a typo on this page as well!!!

Hmmm...No one's perfect.

Mark. Smile
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Hey, I'm only human. Smile

All the best,
-Vinnie
colin underwood
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of colin underwood
Way too much time on your hands!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » The "What's Wrong" Topic? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL