The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Daryl vs. Superman!!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

plinius
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of plinius
Ehy guys.
but are Daryl (from Encyclpedia of cards...) and Clark Kent the same person???:-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xc7uPUQGRc
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Sure not - would be scary if so . . .
Cards never lie
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
No Daryl and I aren't the same person. Daryl is much shorter.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Depends! Is Daryl a mild mannered magician working for a great metropolitan magic shop? If so, it could be. On the other hand, maybe he plays Mandrake or The Shadow in his spare time! Smile
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Supermagician!

Supermagician - Daryl. When confronted with villains, he turns to the crowd and says, "But who are we against so many?"

Supermagicians earthly parents - Mark and Nani Wilson.

The chief editor, Supermagician's tough-but-loveable boss at his mild-mannered day job - Harry Lorayne

Lois Lane, Supermagician's girlfriend - Janelle, from the L&L video series.

Jimmy Olson, SM's co-worker at the newspaper - Brad Christian

Lex Luthor - Powerful wannabe criminal magician - Michael Ammar

Otis -Bill Malone

Jor El (Superman's father from Krypton) - Whit Hadyn
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Noobini
Lol. I didn't think it possible, but you guys are actually bigger geeks than I am. Smile

Love the wading pool-size unprotected acid bath in that movie clip, by the way. Just think how many accedents could be avoided if businesses would just start covering up those giant acid baths!

Kent did look a bit like Daryl in that video, but obviously not sharply enough dressed.
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
"You, my friend, have a lot to learn." (S. Youell)
"Nonsensical Raving of a lunatic mind..." (Larry)
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
In the movie, if you look closely, you can see that when Daryl is playing the mild-mannered reporter, he is wearing a Felix the Cat tie.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Noobini
Hehe. Love the classic description "mild-mannered reporter".

Btw, the old Superman cartoons from the '40s are now in the public domain and can be downloaded freely and legally from the Internet Archive. Here is one of my favourite episodes: http://www.archive.org/details/superman_electric_earthquake

Now we just have to wait another 50 years or so for the Daryl videos to become free for all. Smile
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
"You, my friend, have a lot to learn." (S. Youell)
"Nonsensical Raving of a lunatic mind..." (Larry)
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Kind of unrelated, but there is a sports radio station in Dallas that like to pull pranks.

The have some guy that will sometimes portray "1920's Reporter Guy". He'll get dressed up in a suit, with a hat that has an index card pinned to it that says "Press".

He actually goes into post-game interviews and asks a question of one of the big name athletes. After the Indianapolis Colts lost to Dallas last season, "1920's Reporter Guy" had the gall to ask Peyton Manning:

"Champ! Champ! What was it about the Cowboys offense that gave your boys on defense the old 23-Skidoo?!?!"
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
The 1920's Reporter Guy sounds like the cat's meow!
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Daryl is from the destroyed planet Alakazam. His greatest weakness is alakazamite. When exposed to it, he becomes as weak as one of Roy's tiger cubs and can't perform any sleight of hand. All his tricks must be self-working or he fades into oblivion. Only a sufficiently impressed audience can shield him from the deadly effects of this material from his home world.

Red alakazamite makes him behave entirely out of character and makes him think he's McBride creating a card manipulation video!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Daryl vs. Superman!!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL