The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Daryl lecture. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
THis week ive been to Daryls new lecture in Belgium. It was great. After that me and Daryl tlaked for half an hour about Dai vernon and gambling sleights.Finally I could ask everything I wanted like why he disliked the pass etc. Hey the tricks in the lecture where good 2. I bought the lecture note which were in french(i don't even understand french ahahha) and a Fiedlers Flier gimmick bc he had such a nice trick with it:0

cheerio!
Mark Wilden
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
375 Posts

Profile of Mark Wilden
We're looking forward to Daryl's lecture in SF on the 14th.

///ark
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
I hope you have fun Smile
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
I plan to see him one day.
I love his work.
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
Dary is so entertaining in addition to his magical prowess. Definitely one not to miss.

Mike
Magic is fun!!!
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Fantastic lectures, and lots of energy. Daryl is a big favorite of mine when it comes to lectures, videos, and performance. And he simply doesn't like the pass because he has never seen one he couldn't catch, and there are easier ways to control a car. (And don't think for a second daryl can't do the pass, he can and exceptionally well)
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
I envy you . . .

So why did Daryl dislike the pass?
Cards never lie
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
He said it was bc he didn't want to put a didfficult move on the card sleight encyclopeida and there are easier and even deceptive moves to do a control like the hofszinzer spread control etc.
Mark Wilden
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
375 Posts

Profile of Mark Wilden
I was surprised that Daryl's reason for disliking the pass was because it's detectable. I thought it was pretty much a given that misdirection is essential - i.e., if you do it right, no one should be trying to detect it.

///ark
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
I am also looking forward to Daryl's lecture in San Francisco on the 14th.
I attended Daryl's Fooler Doolers Lecture a few years ago and had the time of my life. Since then I have seen him a few times in performance. He is a great performer.

Dan
the AuditOrr
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of the AuditOrr
Quote:
On 2007-03-04 05:01, MichielTummers wrote:
He said it was bc he didn't want to put a didfficult move on the card sleight encyclopeida and there are easier and even deceptive moves to do a control like the hofszinzer spread control etc.

Well I love the pass. I think it's great. I can't recall any moment when I've used it where anyone has ANY thought of something wierd going on. I'm pretty sure that every time I've got a deck of cards in my hands I'm continuously practicing the pass. Not too hard if you practice it and wonderful if it's secret I say.

Fraser

Fraser
I want to go far...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Daryl lecture. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL