The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Tango Dime and Penny (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I have always seen comparisons made between Johnson, Sterling, and Sasco as far as standard coin gaffs. I just came across a Tango Dime and Penny. I am very impressed as to the quality of this particular coin. I was very hard pressed to tell the difference between this and a real penny. Very well made. I cant say if this is indicitive of their quality across the board with other gaffs, but I am impressed with this one.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
I think ADAMS makes all the dime and penny's...?

Julie
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I have had a few Hampton Ridge, and the quality was terrible. Johnson is usually good. This particular Tango is the best one I have seen yet. I don't think that they are all made by the same company.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
I have a Johnson D/P set, and a few Royal Magic D/P sets.

The Johnson is of course a precision gimmick, and requires a bang ring to reset. The Royal set is 1/3rd the price, is not quite as precise, but is still very well made and reliable, and doesn't require a bang ring for the reset. Frankly, I keep the Johnson set in the drawer and use the Royal sets almost exclusively.

To me the main issue is whether the gimmick will hold reliably when needed, and not whether the coin will stand up to close examination. Even a well-made D/P set (except perhaps a Lassen or Schoolcraft) will sound wrong when dropped or placed on a table. For that reason, I almost always switch out the gimmick for a real coin when I'm done. Then the specs can examine it all they want to. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
That's the crazy thing about this Tango D/P, it even sounds real when dropped. It needs a bang ring to seperate it as well. And, if you are used to Johnson, you will have a heck of a time seperating the dime and penny with a Tango, as it is gaffed from the heads side, not the tails side. Took me a long time to figure that out, as I couldn't seperate them (shows how well this particular one is made)
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
Personally, most Tango coins I have sold.. people usually e-mail me back asking if they can switch it for a Johnson or a Sasco.

Johnson..(my personal opinion) is better quality in most coins sets and gimmic coins that I have seen.

Sasco..is a close second..yet still not up to Johnson standards..

But Tango does make some good gimic coins as well. But not everything is as good as other products. Tango's coin shells are acceptable.. yet on a few I have had.. it is not as good as fit as Sasco and Johnson.

I know I was NOTimpressed what-so-ever with a Tango Cig Thru Quarter gimmic.. Was a very shabby make like the Johnson made quarter. But not as near the quality in this gimmic'd coin.

Personally myself.. I like the Sasco cig thur quarter of the Johnson.. (johnson quality in this coin is excellent) Sasco.. is double sided..and after removing the cig from the quarter..I show both sides of the quarter RIGHT after I remove it..takes the heat of for a bit, giving me extra time to do a switch (if I want to)

Final words.. basically I find the Tango coins..on the lower end of quality on most of the coins.
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Tango Dime and Penny (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL