The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Involving the "Kid of Honor" in your act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1111 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
For those of you who perform at Sweet Sixteens, Confirmations, Bar/Bat MItzvahs, do you involve the "kid of honor" in some way? I've been booked at a Bar Mitzvah, and I want to involve the boy, but in a way that makes him look good in front of his friends. In other words, I certainly don't want to sit him on my lap to be a "dummy," use one of those masks for him to wear, etc.

One idea I had was to get a starter figure for him to work. I would do the voice, he could manipulate the puppet and do a little comedy routine.

Thoughts, anyone?

Much appreciated.

Bob
Jim Poor
View Profile
Special user
Fairfax, VA
676 Posts

Profile of Jim Poor
I was just watching a video last night of a vent who gets several people on stage controlling puppets while he fills in the voices. It was very interesting to see him ad-lib all whenever the mouths moved.

How about giving the b-day child mask and making him look good? Let him get answers to very complex questions right, etc etc. Maybe even have a contest between him and an adult (who has been pre-briefed so as to not offend) with a pair of masks. The adult gets everything wrong, and the kid gets it right.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Involving the "Kid of Honor" in your act (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL