The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Who let the juggler in? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dave Altman
View Profile

Georgia
0 Posts

Profile of Dave Altman
Hi folks,

It's good to be here. I've only just started to look around the site, but what I've seen so far, I like. My name is Dave Altman and I have been an entertainer for almost 30 years. I call myself a juggler/entertainer. That means I'll do practically anything on stage if people like it. I've had some magic in my show from the beginning and I want to add more.

Besides entertaining, I love the outdoors. I have a masters in outdoor education. My degree has a fancier name, but basically, it's about re-creating yourself through adventure activities. I have a BFA in ceramics, too. So, I consider myself an artist/entertainer/educator, which are related.

I live in Georgia, out in the middle of no where, but do most of my gigs in Atlanta. I have to drive a little more than most, but I have my own lake, which I kayak on daily, and plenty of trails for hiking/biking/unicycling.
MagiCanada
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver
140 Posts

Profile of MagiCanada
Welcome to the Café!
Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
Welcome to the Magic Café Dave Altman, It's Nice to have ya here with us Smile
For the Magician: The hard must become habit, The habit must become easy, The easy must become Beautiful

Doug Henning
SeasideShowman
View Profile
Elite user
Myrtle Beach, SC
443 Posts

Profile of SeasideShowman
Dave Altman ... hmmm ... that name sounds familiar I just can't place where I've heard it. Altman ... that means 'old man' in German, doesn't it?
:O)

Just kidding with Dave, y'all ... we go way back.

Cap'n Mike
======================
"I didn't care if they were laughing at me or laughing with me ... as long as they were laughing" - Unknown
www.MagicAtTheBeach.org
"I'm with it"
dkmontgomery
View Profile
New user
Missouri
24 Posts

Profile of dkmontgomery
Welcome!
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
328 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Welcome to the Café!
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Jeff,
Welcome to the Café!
Cards never lie
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Dave, welcome to The Magic Café. Glad that you joined us.

Okay, let's see you juggle these cups of hot coffee!!!

:coffee: Smile Smile

Sincerely, welcome to this place!
Christopher Tracy
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Christopher Tracy
That name sounds familiar to me too...
What city do you live in? I live in Orlando now but I am from GA and I used to do a ton of shows up there. I don't miss the traffic at all!
Dave Altman
View Profile

Georgia
0 Posts

Profile of Dave Altman
Thanks for welcoming me. You seem like a friendy bunch.

Christopher, I live outside of a small town called Eatonton. I try very hard to miss traffic myself. I arrange my gigs, if I can, to avoid "rush hour." Why to they call it rush hour, anyway? It lasts much longer than an hour, at least it does in Atlanta, and you don't exacty rush anywhere. It should be called the "crawling period." I am the moderator of the Anthony Gatto forum and the past president of the Atlanta Jugglers Association, so maybe that is where you have heard my name.

I've known Cap't Mike, aka, seasideshowman for years and he enjoys giving me a hard time about my age. I feel young, but I am very old for a juggler, most are under 30 years old and I passed that age many years ago.

Joe, it doesn't seem neccessary to juggle those cups of coffee. They are juggling all by themselves. How do we know it's hot coffee? I don't see any steam like in the Magic Café logo.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Welcome to the Café Dave.

Art Altman was a big name card magician from up state N.Y.He taught Michael Skinner when Michael was just a teen and starting out.Michael was also from up state N.Y.

Arts son,Jeff Altman is also good with a deck.Jeff has a card effect in Tarbell eight.

Jeff is also a comic and actor out in Hollywood.Here is his filmography from imdb: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0022901/

So see Altman is a well known name.

Don
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Dave,
I like your resume indeed. I am also glad that yopu liked the Café. Welcome to the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has over 29.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Who let the juggler in? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL