The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Which PK ring is the weakest (band style)? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

moilima
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of moilima
-There has been a lot of discussion on which PK ring has the strongest m****** field, and for a lot of effects, this is the way you need to go (like coins thru glasses, stopping watch). But I think is also important to know, which of them is the weakest, because sometimes that is more important. Like palming a metallic object or picking up a shell or a shimmed coin in a chink-a-chink/matrix style routine for example. If a ring is too strong, first of all it will make a lot of noise. Another crucial thing is that you won’t be able to “unpalm” the coin/small m******* object with one hand, or sometimes even with two hands without being obvious that you are doing something suspicious.

I think it would be great if we had the option to get PK rings a lot weaker than the ones available now. Since they all look pretty much the same, we could easily change one for another without this becoming suspicious (“look, he changed his ring!!! Why???”).

I know there is some of the manufacturers of PK rings at the Café, so I would like to know from them if its possible to make weaker rings and if they intend to do a line of weak rings.

Sorry about my lousy Brazilian English. Thanks

Moises Lima
ToasterofDoom
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of ToasterofDoom
I believe the Vortex PK ring is the weakest mainstream PK ring.
thoughtsexplorer
View Profile
Elite user
Elite... not D-Lite!
424 Posts

Profile of thoughtsexplorer
My personal opinion about the PKWiz: I don't like the shape,
no matter of its "strength".
moilima
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of moilima
I wonder if it is possible to make them weaker...
teenmagician1
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of teenmagician1
Just say magnet everyone knows
what a pk ring is
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Teen--

Revealing a gimmick on the open forums is not allowed...only because they are open to browsing by non-magicians.

Yes...99.9% of those reading this know what we are talking about...but what if that .1% is in the front row of your next show?

Food for thought.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Which PK ring is the weakest (band style)? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL