The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Opinion on a set of Copper Cups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
Bill:

How much does the chop gimmick add to the weights of the Monti combo cups?

thanks in advance.............
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
Mickkn
View Profile
New user
Denmark
77 Posts

Profile of Mickkn
I just weighted my Uday Aluminium Combo set today, and they where

24gm / 0.85 oz. for normal cups
54gm / 1.90 oz. for the chop cup.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2007-04-04 09:40, Robert Kohler wrote:
Bill:

How much does the chop gimmick add to the weights of the Monti combo cups?

thanks in advance.............

It adds about 3 ounces.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Stay away from uday cups. They are inexpensive, but that is no reason to get them.

I recieved my set of brass uday cups the other day and they are made very poorly. The lips(?) are rolled poorly, none look alike. The ring that creates the attic, (term missing), is triangular instead of round and lets the cups wobble when stacked. There are also a lot of blemishes and has dark spots as well as chips.

The pictures of the bazar cups look like they have triangular ring, am I correct? I cannot find any other sets in my price range otherwise.
-Matt
SeanD13
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, RI
263 Posts

Profile of SeanD13
If you are really trying not to spend more then $75. Then you can get a set of Aluminum Monti Cups from RNT2 for $64.95. I have a set of Monti cups and they are great cups. I do not own them in aluminum, but if they are from RNT2 they of good quality.

You can find the cups I am talking about at this link.
http://www.rnt2.com/product.aspx?productno=319

If you do not believe me ask Bill, or better ask Mad Jake the guy that made the cups.

I hope this helps.
SeanD13
Have you hugged a Cup Junkie lately?

Learn more at www.CupsCon.com
"If We Build It Will you Come?"
phillipsje
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of phillipsje
I agree that RNT2 has some nice new cups that are expensive. In my opinion they are all worth the money.
Mickkn
View Profile
New user
Denmark
77 Posts

Profile of Mickkn
Quote:
On 2007-04-04 03:55, Mickkn wrote:
Thanks Bill, I ordered the Jim Sisti Copper Cups yesterday. Smile Very excited

As I wrote earlier, the Jim Sisti Copper cups are on it's way. Jake have just confirmed that he have got the money Smile) Can't wait.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2007-04-12 17:42, Matthew W wrote:
Stay away from uday cups. They are inexpensive, but that is no reason to get them.

I recieved my set of brass uday cups the other day and they are made very poorly. The lips(?) are rolled poorly, none look alike. The ring that creates the attic, (term missing), is triangular instead of round and lets the cups wobble when stacked. There are also a lot of blemishes and has dark spots as well as chips.

The triangular bead (the shoulder bead) is not the problem. The problem has to do with the shape of the cup above the bead and inside the inner part of the mouth. If those two parts don't interface properly, the cups will wobble a lot. You will always have a little bit of wobble with your cups. If you don't, they may stick together.

Quote:
The pictures of the bazar cups look like they have triangular ring, am I correct? I cannot find any other sets in my price range otherwise.

The Bazar cups are much better than the Uday cups. There are also cups from Trickmaster, MAK Magic and Empire. All are like the Uday cups. The black residue on the Uday cups is lubricant used in the spinning process. You can wash it off the cups using dish detergent. Part of what you pay for on a good set of cups is the cost of cleaning them up.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Mickkn
View Profile
New user
Denmark
77 Posts

Profile of Mickkn
Just got my Jim Sisti Cups from RNT2 yesterday !! And oh my god. They are so nice, so heavy and....so NICE Smile They actually holds a Tennis Ball fine. Compared to my Uday Alu cups, the Udays just look like garbage. Really worth the money !! Really happy jibiii Smile
oso2you
View Profile
Regular user
Oregon
128 Posts

Profile of oso2you
I have purchased several items made in India. The quality is uniformly BAD. Save your money and buy something worthwhile. My classic copper cups from Jake are of outstanding quality and a pleasure to handle.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The quality of items from India depends entirely upon the specifications given by the person who orders them. There are several really good props that are manufactured there. But when you get mill run stuff, you get mill run quality.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Opinion on a set of Copper Cups (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL