The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Can You Help? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Shodan
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man
663 Posts

Profile of Shodan
I am posting this on behalf of a local charity. I am unable to perform as I will be on Honeymoon on the date in question. None of the other local magicians (like, all 3 of them) are available/interested. So yes, its a long shot, but if anyone has ever wanted to visit the scenic Isle of Man, its a great opportunity.

Note that this is a PAID performance and that all costs would of course be covered. The organisers can be contacted at the phone number at the bottom of this post or you can PM me and I'll send you more contact details and info.

CAN YOU HELP ?

The event - Midsummer Magic. A black tie, fund-raising dinner for 100 + guests.

The time and place - Friday June 29th 2007 , Kirk Michael, Isle of Man.

The venue - A marquee in a fabulous Manx country garden.

The cause - Supporting the Manx Wildlife Trust.

WANTED…

A magician...to provide either close-up magic at the dinner tables
or...a solo act to finish the evening
or both !

ARE YOU INTERESTED ?

Find out more from - tel. 01624 878266
"You don't go up to strangers with a stick and come at their head...introduce yourself first, then come at them with a stick." - David Williamson
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
All costs? As in travel, lodging, food, etc.? Where exactly is this place located?
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I don't think they are interested in flying people in from the states, that wouldn't be wise....but if they are I call dibs!
Shodan
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man
663 Posts

Profile of Shodan
I believe mainland UK is the limit!
"You don't go up to strangers with a stick and come at their head...introduce yourself first, then come at them with a stick." - David Williamson
patrick flanagan
View Profile
Inner circle
lisle, illinois
1045 Posts

Profile of patrick flanagan
Isle of Man....interesting name....time for a Google check. I wonder if there are any women on the Isle of Man or if they have their own Isle.
Patrick
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Quote:
On 2007-03-21 11:54, patrick flanagan wrote:
Isle of Man....interesting name....time for a Google check. I wonder if there are any women on the Isle of Man or if they have their own Isle.
Patrick

Patrick,

Haven't you ever heard of Estrogen Islands before?

Lyndel
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Too bad it is not during the races< I would almost be willing to pay my own way if it was.
Shodan
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man
663 Posts

Profile of Shodan
We do have women here, but they aren't allowed to vote or leave the kitchen unattended by a man. There's a small Island off the coast of the Isle of Man which used to be the Isle of Woman, but we conquered it in early 2005. It's a bird sanctuary now.

The TT races this year are going to be HUGE. It's the 100th anniversary of the races so they're really going to town on it.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
"It's a bird sanctuary now."

Perhap's that is where the term 'Chick' is derived from.
Shodan
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man
663 Posts

Profile of Shodan
Perhaps indeed!
ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
Shodan-
Sent you a PM.
Lou
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
Shodan
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man
663 Posts

Profile of Shodan
Thanks very much to those who've got in touch. The organisers have informed me that they've now managed to book a performer.

Many thanks,
David
Baggins
View Profile
Regular user
london
148 Posts

Profile of Baggins
May I suggest http://www.johnharding.co.uk/. The isle of man is often thought to be haunted and John has a signature trick that he did with a ghost. You probably emember him best from ITV's Astounding Celebrities.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Can You Help? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL