The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Magic with Tattoos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

xjstat
View Profile
New user
South Carolina
10 Posts

Profile of xjstat
Anyone know of some information on magic with tattoos, or have any ideas? Would love to hear from you.

Joey V.
stepseven
View Profile
New user
Staffs, UK
54 Posts

Profile of stepseven
There are a couple of effects based on tat's appearing.

Any where they disappear?

Animated tat's would be fun too.. something like a colour change?
+ev
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
Reed McClintock has an effect called "stars and hexes" where he makes a stamp of a star disappear and reappear from his arm to the inside of his hand and finally to the spectators hand. He also talks about some ideas with tats.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Reed has been doing magic with his "ink" for a decade or more.

He's a Café member and also a great guy. Say hi to him. He's based on the west coast and just had a large feature article in Genii Magazine.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
xjstat
View Profile
New user
South Carolina
10 Posts

Profile of xjstat
Step, good ideas I like where your going, Rory thanks I'm familiar with "Star and Hexes" and I do have that issue of Genii with the article on Mr. McClintock, thanks JT also. My general idea is to have, say a tattoo I have be peeled off my arm and then reappear...just some general ideas.
natswift
View Profile
Regular user
Colorado
177 Posts

Profile of natswift
I have four aces tatooed on my arm with a banner below that says magic. The ace of spades has a bullet hole through it so I force the ace of spades. Ask spec to think of their card I show the aces on my arm but do so in a way not to bring attention to the bullet hole. Then ask them to imagine shooting a hole through their ace.
I then show my tattoo again and point out the bullet hole.

Not the most imaginative idea but people seem to like it and as long as I can find a deck of cards it's always with me.
Never forget to dream!

Nathan Smith
nateswift2010@gmail.com
natmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
301 Posts

Profile of natmagic
There was a routine on the market with a 'bruise' which I assumed was one of those 'fake' tattoos. Chris Angel did a routine with a tattoo which looked great on TV.

The obvious thing might be a 'card' tattoo. I just watched Gerard (who is a creative consultant for Chris Angel) on his myspace site and he does a great routine with a rose tattoo that is printed on his arm. It's very good and more 'mind reading' rather than visual.
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
Criss does the tattoo effect where he takes a butterfly and puts it on a spectator's arm, transforming it into a tattoo. The bruised effect is called "Bruised" and has a lot of different uses. It comes with all different kinds of buises including cards, coin, esp symbols, etc.
naquada
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of naquada
Yup bruised is worth taking a look at.. they are very convincing transfers (they don't look like cheap tattoo transfers..) I've been playing with normal ink as a base tattoo and using a heat senstive ink on top.. the base 'tattoo' is say of the 3 of hearts.. on top using the heat sensitive ink I draw an 8 of diamonds (the 3 being made into an 8, and the diamond covering the heart). The ink is sensitive enough to become transparent when it's rubbed hard (or if your brave you can rub a lighter or even flash paper over it)

it's still very much in progress and definately a experiment... let me know if you need some ideas...

there is also some inkjet printer paper that allows you to create temporary tattoo's...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Magic with Tattoos (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL