The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Elmsley Count (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
I thought it looked smooth! In fact you should continue it into Alex Elmsley's very own "four card trick" - repeated ec's! Smile
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
I believe my method is better in many cases, but the original method is better in some cases. And the third method is better in other cases. The third method is to steal back second card when you take third card.

If your count/display is done quickly, any method looks almost same. But, the third method changes the order of the cards.

For clearer understanding, I will explain the important point in my method. It is very easy sleight if you understand the important point.

1. Take first card.
2. Place back the first card under the right hand cards. It is not 'Stealing', but just 'Placing the card there.
3. Take second card.
4. Take double.
5. Take the last card.

The important point is not to rush to take second card and, at the same time, to steal the first card. You never do the two movements at the same time like Elmsley Count. (Pushing double & stealing the first card). You place the first card under the right hand cards, then peel the second card without delay.

The three method I mentioned is not difficult, so it is not waste of time to master all of them. That is my advice.

If you decide to master only one method, the decision must be made by you.

Hideo Kato
FreefallFool
View Profile
New user
UK
61 Posts

Profile of FreefallFool
Thank you Kato-san. I did not like suggest I could learn all the methods but from what you say I think it would be worthwhile to try.

Jason
Smile It's not how far you fall, it's how you land... Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Elmsley Count (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL