The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Emergency Mental Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magiclee
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magiclee
Can anyone review "Emergency Mental Routine" Ebook by Gene Nielsen?

Phase 1 - Telepathy: A woman merely THINKS of a card and takes it from the deck. The performer, some distance away, names the card.

Phase 2 - Clairvoyance: The same woman reverses a single card and -- without looking at it -- reverses it in the deck. SHE doesn't even know what it is, yet the performer (still at a distance), names the card.

Phase 3 - Thought Control: The woman removes several cards from the deck and mixes them. The performer, blindfolded, names them one by one. Then, for a startling finale, the performer has the woman mentally project the name of the last card to a second woman in the audience.

NOTE: Both of the women are exactly as they appear: they are two people picked at random ... no sleights are used ... and (Heaven help me, I thought I'd never say this in one of my ads) no rough and smooth, short and long, wide and thin, light and heavy, etc. -- any deck can be used.

magiclee
Gotama
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of Gotama
Nielson's "Emergency Mental Routine" is an excellent routine of 3 separate phases that require only minimal setup. If you are doing the complete three phases, then you will need is a deck of cards, a pad of paper, a scripto or similar pen, a blindfold (or a napkin), and two roses.

As for the routine, it is based on several different and sound principles and techniques. Without trying to give away too much, it does rely on you knowing the BCS or something similar. While any deck can be used, the no sleights is slightly misleading as you will need to know one basic deck movement (sorry to be less than obvious).

The first phase comes with a detailed patter, the other phases are more sketchy on patter. This sketchiness is not a fault, as your patter will depend upon your audiences and how you are presenting the effects.

All phases, but in particular phase 3, rely on string audience management and volunteer control. If you are relatively new to mentalism, you may not be served by this routine as you need these strong management skills.

All in all, I have used the routine as adpated for my style with great success. I recommend it, but please note my caveat in the previous paragraph.

Gotama
I asked the boy beneath the pines.
He said, "The master's gone alone herb picking,
somewhere on the mount,
cloud hidden,
whereabouts unknown."
(Chin Tao, 777-841, trans. by Alan Watts)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Emergency Mental Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL