The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Copyright? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TStone
View Profile
V.I.P.
Stockholm, Sweden
774 Posts

Profile of TStone
Sorry if this question have been asked before, but I couldn't find it mentioned in the F.A.Q. or anywhere else:

At the bottom of each page here is the sentence:
"All contents & postings Copyright © 2001,2003 Steve Brooks"

I'm curious about the "postings"-bit and what it means.
Does it mean that I don't own anything I write here, and that I might risk to get sued if I republish one of my postings elsewhere?

Sincerely,
Tom Stone
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Hi Tom,
Simply put, any postings made here are contributions to the site, and therefore become the property of The Magic Café and Steve Brooks Magic.
Posting here is no different then contributing an article to a magic magazine, which then holds the copyright to the article.

However, that is not to say you do not own the rights to perhaps an original routine you may be discussing, the Café simply owns the particular article being posted.

In that light, you can understand why we do not want members posting articles that have been taken from other message boards on the net. Taking a small portion of a post, or quoting is a different matter of course.

That said, if you are really concerned about your material, it's probably not a good idea to post it over the Internet in the first place.

I hope this answers your question. Thanks.
Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Copyright? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL