The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Help needed!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher Congreave
View Profile
Veteran user
U.K
377 Posts

Profile of Christopher Congreave
Hi all, I am curently putting a 45 minute caberet act together to work in Holiday camps, it is primarily a patter act with strong magic but I do it in a fun way and have a laugh. I want to break the show up though and have a piece in the middle to music, I would prefer if it was funny too. Either a funny effect or funny music or ideally both. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Brian S. Tanner
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Brian S. Tanner
What about a Zombie routine, whereas you start out attemoting to do it as a serious piece, but the ball seems to want to controll you, instead of the other way around ?

This would allow for funny facial expressions from you. As well as some humorous body postures. And finally the music can start out as serious and dramatic, only to change to comedic as the ball "takes over".

I hope this helps.
Judge:How do you plead?
<BR>Defendant:I plead insanity.
<BR>Judge:Insanity?
<BR>Defendant:Yep. I'm just crazy about that stuff!
Christopher Congreave
View Profile
Veteran user
U.K
377 Posts

Profile of Christopher Congreave
The main problem I have is I have taken some dates and these start on May 1st. I am not new to performing (I am a full time professional close up magician) but am new to doing this long on stage. I don't think I have long enough to learn a zombie routine. Thanks for the idea though.Smile
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
How about some really fast busy music and an 'empty' suitcase or backpack - and pull heaps of stuff out - appearing pole, sponge sandwich, electric pack of cards - do some flourishes - then expose the pack, an 'airborne' bottle and then pour a drink and suspend the glass.

A combination of things that couldn't possibly fit in there and quick tricks you can do in 10 seconds.

If you can think of something quick that sends up something you have done earlier in the show, without exposing it, that gives the show more cohesion also.

Destiny
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Christopher, have you seen Joe Pasquale's videos? He plays "magic music" and the magic he does is very Tommy Cooper-esque. Its all ways a great part in the show.

You could make it your own.

Just a quick idea..but perhaps you can say you've timed your act to the music.

It plays but it keeps skipping and going back to a certain part in the track so you have to keep repeating a move or the magic over and over again...then you get so fed up you throw the props away or whatever, I'm sure there loads of stuff you could do with this!

M:C
C Christian
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of C Christian
Make a list of what you can do and start checking off the list what you think might work.
TroyRoark
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield IL
282 Posts

Profile of TroyRoark
You have got T-minus 13 days to get something together. If you don't have something my now, you might want to skip it. Or at least add it later in the season. It's going to be hard to perfect anything in this amount of time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Help needed!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL