The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Does anyone record live streaming audio? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wizardofsorts
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
935 Posts

Profile of wizardofsorts
I would like to record the broadcasts that miss on MagicBroadcast. They are a live audio stream. Does anyone do this? If so, what program is best? Also, is it ok (legal, ethical) to record the broadcast for the purposes of listening to it later (when I miss the regular broadcast)?

Edd
Edd Fairman, Wizard of Sorts is a corporate magician available for your next trade show, hospitality suite, client luncheon, or company event. http://www.wizardofsorts.com
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Since it is for your own use, yes. Giving or selling the broadcast, however, is illegal.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
To do this, I use Total Recorder - start the stream, set Total Recorder to record "What You Hear" off the sound card, and either start it manually or learn to use its scheduled-recording feature and go have dinner while it (hopefully) begins. When you're done recording, save the .wav file and listen to it at your convenience.

Sound Forge and Adobe Audition also work, and there's a mini-Adobe-audio program that's also good - probably a bunch of others, the key is getting them to record what the sound card is playing.

What do I record (and who cares?) - not MagicBroadcast (though I should) - every couple of weeks the very funny April Winchell guests on talkshow host Mark Germain's drivetime slot on KTLK - I'm a big fan of hers (www.aprilwinchell.com) and I try to record the shows and .mp3 the files so she can put 'em up on her website.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
wizardofsorts
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
935 Posts

Profile of wizardofsorts
Thanks Ross. Heck I have Acid Pro and I didn't even think to look if it could do what I want. I would really like a timer one because Dean Hankey's Success Madness show is on during our Magic Club meeting.

I'll definatly look into Total Recorder.

Edd
Edd Fairman, Wizard of Sorts is a corporate magician available for your next trade show, hospitality suite, client luncheon, or company event. http://www.wizardofsorts.com
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
I bet Acid Pro could do it. Half the trouble is making sure you've selected (via the mixer utility) to record "what you hear" rather than from some other source.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
wizardofsorts
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
935 Posts

Profile of wizardofsorts
Well, if Acid Pro can do it, I don't know how to make it do it. I think I'm going to get Total Recorder.

Edd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Does anyone record live streaming audio? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL