The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » CIPHER SPEAK (A TWO PERSON CODE SYSTEM) by R. T. Stark (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Last week I had the opportunity to read through CIPHER SPEAK (A TWO PERSON CODE SYSTEM) by R. T. Stark

I’ve always had an interest in code systems. To me, the idea of passing information to a partner right in front of the audience without them recognizing it has always been appealing.

Over the years, I have performed this type of act with 3 ½ people (the half is for all the work I did with a partner, but never made it to the stage). This is the most difficult type of act to perform successfully; it takes practice, and strong friendship. For me, it destroyed two friendships, almost destroyed a marriage and another friendship.

Stark points out all of the reasons these situations happen.

The method that is taught in this book is fantastic. It is flexible, and allows for free and natural sounding dialog, as opposed to some of the awkward sounding phrases required in other systems. I’d go far as to say that the work done here is possibly the cleanest and most natural of the systems out there, at least to my knowledge.

In addition to the main system, Stark teaches an abbreviated system that is functional, but takes much less work and practice. There is third, and even simpler method taught as well.

Anything worth doing, is worth doing well, and to do something well takes practice. Stark makes this clear. This will take some work, and will require practice. The main system will take months of work, but the other variations could take much less; one could be implemented after a week of work.

In short, this is a diabolically clever technique, and the book is well structured, teaching the method, and honestly describing the real practice requirements and the effects on relationships.

This book is highly recommended for anyone considering this type of act, or anyone wishing to learn a valuable system for passing information on to a partner.

It is available from Leaping Lizards, and can be found at: http://www.leapinglizardsmagic.com/E_Lizard_Order_Page.htm

This book is available both as eBook and printed book. Both are reasonably priced.

Tony Iacoviello
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
I’ve always had an interest in code systems, for the knowledge and “mechanics” behind it.

I am lucky to have collected many code systems for my personal research and growth in this fascinating field that Mentalism is.

However, being a solo performer, I don’t perform code acts, except for some various bits taken here and there from various codes, in the rare occasions when my trusted partner and I can get together and have fun.

I missed this code and I really wanted to get some grip on it, so to speak, especially because the concept behind this particular one was very intriguing.

Yes, you can speak free sentences without having the need for convoluted words to be used or repeated.

And, of course, but has already been said and anyway it should be expected, it takes some good time to learn it and to practice it. But for people willing to put the time and the will to learn an act code, this is certainly a good one.
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
Thanks for the comments and reviews!
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » CIPHER SPEAK (A TWO PERSON CODE SYSTEM) by R. T. Stark (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL