The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2007 entrée: Cody S. Fisher » » Good Morning Cody, I have A Question In The Restaraunt Business » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gordy
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Gordy
Good Morning: Cody Fisher
I would like to start by thanking you and Magic Café for having you.
I notice in the pass post you where talking about the restaurant's business and what have you. I'm a single father of 3 and unemployed, I have worked in the auto industrial for over 20 years. I was thinking about putting my magic hobby to work for me. My question is this, do you think to start from fresh should I charge a daily rate or just do only tips basis. You have worked the field for many years, do you think I can survive tips only for a while and then maybe charge per day or week basis. Thank you so much. May God bless you. Gordy
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Gordy,

As a single father of three I commend you. My mother raised three children alone…working two jobs as a waitress just to get by. My wife and I have two boys…and I can’t even imagine doing it without her!

Concerning the restaurant biz and your situation…I will say that if you plan on this being your sole income…it will be hard. I did not say impossible as I do not think that anything is impossible if you want it bad enough.

It can definitely be a means to increase your income. I personally would never work just for tips...that is no guarantee…and with three mouths to feed you need to have some sort of definite earnings.

I remember back when I left my teaching position and decided to go full time. My mentor Fred “The Great Scott” Donaldson told me something that I have never forgotten. He said, “don’t do magic for a living unless you ‘have’ to”. I didn’t really understand this at first but what he was trying to tell me was don’t do magic for a living unless you realize that you can’t be happy doing ANYTHING else. Keep that in mind my friend…

I really want to help you if I can…if you think it would be of some help…go to my website…get my phone number and call me…I may have some ideas for you…

Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Gordy
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Gordy
Good Morning:Cody
I would like to thank you for taking your time and effort answering my question also for helping me out and going out of your way, We really need more of you in this world.

As I posted before when you find a good job like the job I had for so many years and then you find yourself looking for a new job is not very easy when you really don't have a great education to fall on . I started working for the auto industrial when I just turn 18 years old and is the only thing I know how, even though they trained you to a higher positions with time, but other then that if they close the doors you are done.
Back to magic , As I child I was very impress with magic and it is my hobby so I figure I put my hobby to work and see were at takes me.
Is never to late for a education don't get me wrong but in my position I need to make things happen now and make the best of it. I do have a little nest egg to fall on and have 4 more years left on the mortgage so I have some room and time to make things happen. I definitely am going to your web site as soon as I'm done posting and Thanks again I feel like we are in one big family of magicians. May God bless you and your family.Gordy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2007 entrée: Cody S. Fisher » » Good Morning Cody, I have A Question In The Restaraunt Business » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL