The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » A few coin questions... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

masterofthecoin
View Profile
New user
Michigan
13 Posts

Profile of masterofthecoin
Has anyone ever dealt with any P.K. coin magic? I saw something called the P.K. Factor. Looks pretty cool....does anyone have any opinion's on this? Also I just purchased the Alchemist's Phantasy. It lets you turn copper coins into silver, then back. Does anyone have any tips on performing this illusion?

thanks.
j.
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
pk coins are ok. You can do some freaky stuff with them. Alchemists fantasy is a good routine. But too long in my opinion for what it is. But it is a good value just to get those different coins.

Chad
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
I used a micro five with a pk coin, to do a trick for a young lady who was both deaf and blind. Her mom said that was the first time her daughter experienced magic.

A long time ago I was working at a magic shop, and a woman would come in with her daughter who was deaf and blind. It really bothered me that there wasn't anything I could think of to do for her, since I couldn't talk with her, and I couldn't do something visual. So I posted on Magictalk and everyone said try Whit Haydn's thing, I think they missed the fact she could not see and she could hear. Someone said spongeball, Well I had thought of that, but having a blind friend I realized instantly their sense of touch was very developed as that is how they view the world. I e-mailed a very successful mentalist who said he was sorry for sending me a form letter but assured me that I would find whatever information I needed in the library --what a joke.

Anyway, I had just got a Micro 5 from Chazpro and a coin to play with it, then it hit me. "Hey, I can make the coin turn over in her hand --that would be cool."

I had the Micro five on my wrist and I asked her mom if I could show her daughter a magic trick. I said I had been thinking about this for quite a while so her mom was delighted that I had thought so hard about this and she signed in her daughter's hand asking if I could do a trick. The daughter smiled really big and approved instantly, as she had only been told by her mother what magic was.

I placed the coin in her hand and had her put the other hand over the coin and she cupped her hands. I then grabbed her wrists with both my hands, and slowly twisted my wrist inward to make the coin flip over in her hand.

The reaction pretty much made all of us cry. She felt it flip and she dropped the coin and smiled really big , I saw a tear rolling down her cheek, under her dark sunglasses and she immediatly grabbed her mother's hand and started signing "Mom, I now know what magic is. It is a beautiful thing. Please thank him from the bottom of my heart."

As her mom was translating this to me, she started sobbing and thanking me for taking the time to share magic with her and her daughter. This was the best magical moment thus far of my whole magical career.
I knew that the young lady knew what a coin was, and I knew if I had her close her hands over the coin and I held onto her wrists that way there could be no funny business, and it worked.

I know many of us do not meet many people with this sort of situation, but I did and I thought long and hard, to do something worth while.

I should e-mail the famous mentalist that the library unfortunately offered no information. But my mind for a moment was as big as his was.

A completely memorable moment in magic for me.

Thank you for letting me share. Smile
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
Great story, Reed.

I posted elsewhere about my frustration in not knowing anything suitable for a blind customer. I think this situation is more common than many of us suppose, and there's very little in the literature dealing with it.
berseus
View Profile
New user
Sweden (live in London)
49 Posts

Profile of berseus
Amazing story Reed.

Thanks for sharing it.

/ Karl
"How often I found where I should be going only by setting out for somewhere else." - R. Buckminster Fuller
Bare Handed
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Bare Handed
Reed thanks for the lesson on thinking of others. Thats real MAGIC. Your friend Kirk
You live in the world you create!
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
704 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
Reed,

That is a beautiful story, thanks for sharing it!
Tony Chapparo
ChessMess
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of ChessMess
Wow! That was wonderful! Thanks for going the extra mile Reed!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » A few coin questions... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL