The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Spider Pen (Sooo Frustrating) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
When the Spider Pen does as it suppose, it is excellent. But just one mistake, everything is messed up. At times my thread got tangeled up.
lukeko
View Profile
New user
Northern Virginia
27 Posts

Profile of lukeko
Hello All...

I just recently received my Spider Pen and one of the main frustrations is when the thread does break the motor is still trying to spool the thread, and this makes a decent amount of noise. Other than that it is pretty silent. I am not a long time IT worker so I cannot compare it to regular ITR's as I only used the micro ITR but a few times. I think the idea of concealing it in a pen is great, but hopefully for the Spider Pen 2 the pen itself looks and feels like it's jiving with the high cost.

Luke
I do not envy the magician that knows 10,000 tricks... I envy the magician that practices one trick 10,000 times.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
There is a Spider Pen 2?
lukeko
View Profile
New user
Northern Virginia
27 Posts

Profile of lukeko
That's what was stated a few posts up, but I haven't seen much else on it yet. Sounds like 2 could be new and improved... maybe better quality Pen and more efficient use of the battery. Again that is just assumption, I have no facts, this was the first place I read about it.

-Luke
I do not envy the magician that knows 10,000 tricks... I envy the magician that practices one trick 10,000 times.
KapBoy77
View Profile
Loyal user
Ottawa, Canada
213 Posts

Profile of KapBoy77
I tried using my pen yesterday for my dad and the thing malfunctioned on me again. I hate this thing just as much as I hate real spiders. Aaaaargh. As far as I'm concerned this is garbage. Expensive garbage at that.

Dre
magiccop1
View Profile
New user
Right Here
35 Posts

Profile of magiccop1
I'd like to sell mine. I never use it.
"The Enforcer"
"I'm not a Wizard. Are you Happy ? You should be."
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
I only had one problem with mine, and that was when I had to deliberately break the thread to keep a wise guy from exposing it, and I found that trying to find the end in the spool was hopeless, I had to use a new spool. Like Ron suggests, change the battery every time you plan on using it. I rarely use it, because I rarely perform for others anymore. I would have to agree that it is not built for any type of regular or continous use, too fragile. Nothing I do with it is beyond the capacity of any good standard ITR, and I would have to admit an ITR in the long run is both cheaper and more reliable. Maybe as technology improves they can improve the spider pen a bit and make it more reliable in the long run. I would not recommend anyone buy one unless they just want to play with it to see what can be done with it. Never tried Ron's pen, may have to get one and give it a try.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
614 Posts

Profile of disneywld
I got rid of it and returned to my ITR. I never had an ITR breakdown - even with a broken rubber band.
The Magic of Christopher Manos
www.christophermanos.com
Gestmagic
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Gestmagic
Hello:
This dvd solve almost all the problems of the use of spider pen.
In this moment only in Spanish but soon in English too.

You can see the demo in
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yYISTH0BRA

A greeting
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
[quote]On 2007-05-13 00:12, Sleightly_Dangerous wrote:
Kip...LMAO...Love the "Spider-man/pen" theme song...I also like the Pen, but its not the best ITR I've used. Years ago there was a guy in either Nor Cal or Oregon who made an ITR called the "Underground Reel" These were the best I've ever seen or used. I just wish I could remember the guys name so I could see if he is still making them.

Would you be talking about the Underground Thread Manager by Mark Allen? If so I have one and use it all the time. Its GREAT.
It's not the size of the wand that matters, it's the "magic" in it...
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
820 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Sean Bogunia have something very good to make the same efects like spider pen.
Go to sean bogunia website and wacth the videos demos its call "ITHREAD".
I believe in this quality efect!

Paulo
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I did buy a second one to give another try. I asked for a dollar so I can make it float. Thread broke while I was anchoring it. I was saved by performing Pen Thru Dollar instead with the dollar.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Wow, glad I hesitated in making a purchase of this recently. I had an opportunity to get one of these for a little discount and shipping free but passed on it. Thinking to do a bit more research on the item and maybe post a thread on it seeking advice for a noob to ITR in general. All I use presently are loops and I enjoy using them very much. I am glad I did'nt give into the impulse but will keep eyes open for SP2 or other improvements for the use of thread.
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Spider Pen (Sooo Frustrating) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL