The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Dream Prediction (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Since the audience member reads out the prediction anyway you might as well use confabulation...
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
775 Posts

Profile of 61magic
Would this work well in a street setting? Angles, surrounded, set up, etc...
Professor J. P. Fawkes
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Any ideas where there could be a video of this???
I know Paul supplies you with a live DVD performance, but was wondering if there is a vid demo of this anywhere???

Thanks Smile
Hogle
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
133 Posts

Profile of Hogle
Quote:
On 2008-02-03 18:23, PRINCE wrote:
Any ideas where there could be a video of this???
I know Paul supplies you with a live DVD performance, but was wondering if there is a vid demo of this anywhere???

Thanks Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjAl6ohPBUw

Greetings from Germany
Daniel
Craig Crossman
View Profile
Special user
Palm Beach, Florida
523 Posts

Profile of Craig Crossman
OK, so what's WRONG with this video?

Answer: The performer doesn't show you what he wrote on the board! And even more incredibly, he never shows the audience what was written on the prediction paper!!!!

All he does for the revelation is to have a volunteer read it aloud. Are we supposed to TRUST this person? So of course, anyone seeing this performance would be totally justified in believing that the woman from the audience could be a stooge who is simply repeating out loud the choices that were made! What a waste.

Obviously she is NOT a stooge and the paper really DOES have the written choices on it. So WHY doesn't this guy turn the paper around for everyone to see?? Doesn't it occur to this performer that the audience wants to SEE what he has written as a confirmation?? HOLD IT UP FOR ALL TO SEE!! But no... He just puts it down on the table. How frustrating.

If there is any redeeming value to this video, it is an excellent example of how a bad performance can make a good product look bad.

Craig Crossman
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Hmmm....you have a point there.

I wonder WHY he didn't show the audience?

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
So, maybe someone who owns and does the effect could please tell us:

1) Can the whiteboard be shown?

2) Do the trick's instructions say to turn the prediction toward the audience?

The handling in the video is far more cumbersome and less impressive than Confabulation -- particularly Ron Wilson's version, called Confabulous, which has the prediction in the form of letter inside a sealed envelope (which can be taken out of your wallet, if you choose). The letter is read by the performer (with the spectator looking on to verify), which avoids the risk of having the spectator mumble or stumble -- and then the letter can be given to the spectator to take back into the audience.

No one will guess the method of Confabulous -- but some of the posters above clearly found Dream Prediction's method somewhat transparent, at least to magicians. I know I did.

Any answers to the questions above will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jerry
Cliff G
View Profile
Loyal user
Madrid - Spain
297 Posts

Profile of Cliff G
Jerry,

1) Yes, you can show the white board

2) You can turn the prediction to the audience - to be honest I don't recall that DVD instructions tell you not to show the prediction to the audience. What you can't see on the demo clearly is that through the window at the front of the envelope you can see part of the prediction.

Personally I think this is a great way to do a "large" prediction without the need of an assistant.

Cliff
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Some complain about the video...but that is actually Paul performing it himself! So I can only guess he performs it differently to how the instructions say...
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Thanks, Cliff and Christopher!

Cheers,
Jerry
Craig Crossman
View Profile
Special user
Palm Beach, Florida
523 Posts

Profile of Craig Crossman
OK, so here are my questions about the LITE version:

1. Can you do this to predict something more simple and direct like the names of three different playing cards?

2. And if so, can one turn the white board around to the audience after EACH selection is written down, to confirm that their card has indeed been written on the white board?

3. And finally, will what is written on the white board look exactly like what is written on the prediction paper or can they appear differently? For example, on the white board, you might see cards written as "AS, 3D, 4H" whereas on the prediction paper, the audience will see "Ace of Spades, Three of Diamonds and Four of Hearts."

Answers will be appreciated. Thanks!

Craig Crossman
Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
591 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
I own the MAIN prediction, not the LITE, but I can tell you is

1. You can do it to predict anything really, you just have to re-work it to your idea....I do it with a different theme than a vacation...I've used it for Grand Openings, Weddings and More...customizing it to there theme.

2. In the main version, you cannot turn the board around and I can't see how the lite version would be any different what so ever.

3. Yes you can do it differently.

All in all its a great trick.

The MAIN version to me makes way more sense than the lite version, because you can do this version in ANY setting for large or small crowds.
jhard
View Profile
Regular user
Dallas, TX
135 Posts

Profile of jhard
MB.....Yes, you can turn the whiteboard around. Watch the DVD again. What is written on the board is a bit different than the prediction paper which is meant to throw the audience off a bit...but......anyway.......yes, the whiteboard can be shown.

John
Success to all.
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
I think everyone in the audiance knows whats going on here, the performance/demo is very weak.

Why not show all potential if there is.

Why this weak presentation...

I do´like one man effects but this one???
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
gfmagic
View Profile
New user
Glen
19 Posts

Profile of gfmagic
This routine is amazing and I love performing it. Great for all audiences.
jcigam
View Profile
Special user
Bellevue, Nebraska
512 Posts

Profile of jcigam
Wow...clear as mud.
"The mind has exactly the same power as the hand, not merely to grasp the world, but to change it."
mistervader
View Profile
New user
Manila
29 Posts

Profile of mistervader
Really late to the party, but I've recently bought Dream Prediction Lite and just need to say that the effect is really awesome and something I've been using for a while already in lieu of predictions that requires outside help, if you know what I mean. I'm under the impression that Mr.Romhany's performance on the video merely takes for granted that some things should be a given to the audience watching, especially if he ends up handing out the prediction sheet after it gets read out loud, which I always do.

Overall, this has been a great and repeatable finish for my mentalism shows, considering how I've relied on a Wizard Manual for a loooooong time, and that really proves difficult if I have to do it to a repeat audience.
- Kel Fabie
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2007, TrickyRicky wrote:
I've also seen it on Ebay for bidding.
I'll bet the seller has made a copy for himself.
He's selling the original just to get get back most of his investment.
Wise decision.
Tricky Ricky.

More like "theft" morally corrupt.

You received fair value from the creator then you turned around and stole a prospective sale from him.
jeffbrent
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of jeffbrent
What is the size of the windowed Kraft envelope?
jeffbrent
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of jeffbrent
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2020, jeffbrent wrote:
What is the size of the windowed Kraft envelope?

It looks like 16x20.... The video says the paper size, but not the envelope. I lost the envelope to measure.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Dream Prediction (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL