The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Seeking online card magi hangouts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

luvisi
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of luvisi
Can anyone here recommend other good online magician only hangouts for card folks? This is one of the better ones I have found so far, but I'm still interested in any other recommendations you may have.

Thanks,
Andru
http://www.practicenotincluded.com/
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Though not as active as it once was, there are lots of great topics and still some killer discussions that take place on the Visions forum, Meeting of the Magical Minds.
http://www.online-visions.com/forum/index.html
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
Luvisi There is a forum just for card workers but you have to pay to get in, but it sounds cool. Here is the web site if you are interested http://www.asherslair.com/

Smile
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Also, the Second Deal has a lot of card guys--but you have to pay, and you have to be sponsored by someone who's been a member for at least six months. I didn't feel it was worth the money, and I let my membership expire, but that is probably simply personal preference--I know some guys who think it's the greatest thing ever.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
AndiGladwin
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
587 Posts

Profile of AndiGladwin
Quote:
On 2002-05-19 03:59, Scott F. Guinn wrote:
I know some guys who think it's the greatest thing ever.

Including me! TSD is an excellent resource and has some great things planned in the future. In March, I travelled to spend a long weekend in New Orleans with a group of TSDers and can honestly say that I had the best time of my life!!!

--Andi
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Hi Andru:
There's this great site, called "Practice Not Included." Smile (You honestly have done a marvelous job on the site, and I thank you for your efforts.)

Kevin James has a BBS online as well, akin to this one; from my perspective, it falls just a little short in that it doesn't segment interest groups as does the Magic Cafe. But folks like Andi Gladwin are regulars, I believe...and the discussion is quite good.

There's also a nascent group called "Secret Order of the Shadow." Very nascent, but if you're interested, drop a line to methyus2000@yahoo.com.

And finally, Michael Ammar has a yahoo group as well...but postings seems to be few and far between.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
Zenneth
View Profile
Regular user
China - Hong Kong
135 Posts

Profile of Zenneth
If you are the big fan of Guy Hollingworth, you can join his yahoo group too...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Seeking online card magi hangouts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL