The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Learning on a 24'' wheel (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Louis.P.M
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
218 Posts

Profile of Louis.P.M
Hey there,

I got interested in unicycle recently and I was fortunate enough to find someone selling his used 24'' uni. It's a steal: 60$ for a 160$ worth new. The pedals are scrapped a bit and there is a couple scratches.. but hey.. nothing's perfect.

So my question is: How hard is it to learn on a 24'' compared to a 20'' wheel?
(I know about learning methods.. but they all suggested 20'' that's why I'm asking)
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Louis
I don't think there is a big differance. The biggest differance is where you intend to ride it. Are you performing on a small stage, or are you riding around your neighborhood?
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Louis.P.M
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
218 Posts

Profile of Louis.P.M
It's simply for fun in the driveway, then to get to work. If the need arise to do something more then I'll check out the more specialized Unis. (Mountain unicycling has a special place in my future projects Smile)
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
I'm still learning and I have a 24", I have ridden 20" and it is a bit easer but don't get hung up on that go out and have fun. Oh and the 24" will ride over things better so better for muni.
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
esther_scheffer
View Profile
Veteran user
the netherlands
316 Posts

Profile of esther_scheffer
The bigger the wheel the better for distances (quicker, you have to go round less).
The smaller the wheel the better for turning (better for small stages or in busy crowds).
nika
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of nika
Personally I'd say 20" would be easier to learn on as they are much quicker and more nimble than a 24".

It would be a bit like learning to drive a manual car without being able to use 1st gear.

Having said that, I can see that riding a slower, less responsive one could have its perks too!

However, I'm not speaking from experience, I rarely ride 24". But learning on a 24" is certainly possible.

Good luck!
SeasideShowman
View Profile
Elite user
Myrtle Beach, SC
443 Posts

Profile of SeasideShowman
Learn them all - once the method is mastered, there is no difference.

:O)

Cap'n Mike
======================
"I didn't care if they were laughing at me or laughing with me ... as long as they were laughing" - Unknown
www.MagicAtTheBeach.org
"I'm with it"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Learning on a 24'' wheel (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL