The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Closer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Salazar Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
344 Posts

Profile of Salazar Magic
What do you think is the best closing illusion?
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
There are so many great closers around... I often used "snow" but for the last few years have used cast vanish (there´re only 4 of us in the cast). In the beginning we vanished and appeared behind the audience, but it was very difficult in our venue to get behind the audience fast enough. It was quite a long run, so these days we just disappear.

What we found out was that a vanish like that alone is not a good one. These days we close with an escape thing in which the assistant appears behind the audience (due to the routine she has enough time to get there) and that's our closing. Then all of us come on stage for our final bows and then vanish as a final piece and don't come back anymore. This has worked extremely well as the audience doesn't expect anything to happen anymore and this comes as a complete surprise.
Sent from my Typewriter
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
MVmagic, where in Finland?? I work also for Metso (Valmet Oy) and have visited several towns and cities. Spent an evening with the Finnish Magic Circle when I was in Helsinki.

Closing illusion? If you appeared at the beginning of the show, why not vanish at the end? Do it as an encore, either that or you do not get the satisfaction of that final bow. Make your assistants vanish all at once, or at different times, using different methods!!

Even the old Sub Trunk can allow for an appearance at the back of the hall if you are working with a second assistant or stage hand.

I also like the Aerial Vanish off a mirror base which we use in our show.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Closer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL