The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Hi! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Hi! I just wanted to be the first person to officially post a topic in this section. Ok, my 15 seconds of fame are up!

See ya!

Dorian Rhodell
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Hey Dorian,

what do you think is the best book for someone to REALLY learn a good D.Palm Shift? Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Mike Giusti
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Mike Giusti
Good ol’ Paul Chosse loved the diagonal palm shift. Taught Jason Slodow the move and Jason was proficient in just under an hour.

I miss him.

Hi, Dorian! Smile
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Paul Chosse is by far the best close-up performer I've ever seen! And one heck of a nice guy to boot! Smile
Mike Giusti
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Mike Giusti
And there it is.

If anyone ever has a chance to meet Paul, you are in for a real eye-opener!
pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
Quote:

On 2001-09-07 20:09, Dorian Rhodell wrote:

Hi! I just wanted to be the first person to officially post a topic in this section. Ok, my 15 seconds of fame are up!

See ya!

Dorian Rhodell

Hi Dorian

How're you doing? Hope the board shapes up into an interesting one with a lack of lun-net-ics.

Best Wishes

Peter
Alternative Magic
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Good question Steve,

Actually you can find a wonderful description of the Diagonal Palm Shift in Sword Swallowing for Dummies. Ok really the best are of course in Erdnase, Revelations, and Jack McMillan’s book if it ever comes out. (I, for some reason, doubt that it ever will). It has some of Paul Chosse’s handlings in there. All of which I use.

Take care,

Dorian
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Dorian,

I have it on good authority that Jack's book will be out soon. I saw the manuscript already (Jerry had a copy Smile and I was really wanting to be the one to illustrate it! I do know that Gene.M was doing a lot of the editing stuff.

Be on the look out from L & L in the near future!

Thanks for the book references, but I think I'll just wait 'till you come up for a visit.

That way I can learn from the best! Smile
Wesley James
View Profile
V.I.P.
Hazlet, New Jersey
372 Posts

Profile of Wesley James
I have no doubt Chosse will have some excellent material on the DPS but I suggest you look for the Geoff Latta book, when it is released. Geoff showed me the work he has on the move and it is truly exceptional: fast, smooth and invisible. When last I spoke with Steve Hobbs, who is writing the book, he said he had all the material he needed and the majority of the book was already written. I a**ume it will be released through Kaufman, however, so it may be slow in seeing print.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Thanks for the heads up Wesley. I will be looking for that book with great anticipation! Smile
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Hi guys!

Well, guess who called out of the blue. Paul Chosse! He sounds good and said he is thinking about coming back here in January for a while! If that’s true then I’m clearing my calendar! Let’s all hope he really comes through. And Steve, if he does you’re gonna have to come down for a couple of days at least!

Later,

Dorian
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Dorian,

I wouldn't miss that for the world...let me know! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Hi! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL