The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Glue for "Fraud" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
viris
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of viris
Got my 3M reusable glue stick at Office Depot.
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Since I performed this already quite a few times and also belongs to my favourite list here what to watch out for:

Careful with any kind of re-stickable, -positionable glue unless you put it on right before performing it. I usually don't carry a gluestick with me all day but three well made bills and a couple of the 'gimmicks'. The problem is that if you already carry the gimmick attached to the bill inside your wallet or pocket, especially when it's hot, you have a hard time getting it to move or come off after a few hours.
I once carried it folded, ready for bill switch, in my pocket for a couple of hours and when I started to perform that darn gimmick wouldn't come off not even to mention move! I worked on it hard and finally it came of leaving an ink 'ring' around the original position...

Chapstick is great. You can just smear a bit on right before and it is not as large as a gluestick. I also use it for KAOS card thru window.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Here is what has always bothered me. The Glue Stick leaves a bit of sticky residue that the spectators could feel with their fingers..and that to me is a dead giveaway...which is why I have been hesitant to perform this.

Has that been a real problem in anyone's experience, here? Or am I just running without being chased?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
DoctorAmazo
View Profile
Special user
Florida
643 Posts

Profile of DoctorAmazo
Daffy-- I put the glue on the gimmick only and let it dry. (Be sure you're using the "restickable" type. I've carried the bill (folded in half) in my wallet for as much as a couple of weeks, and NEVER had a residue problem. And I think Daniel's original video talks to the faint image and shiny spot actually enhancing the effect. (Tho I can see how "sticky" probably wouldn't!)

If the gimmick is stuck too tight, just rub your thumb in a circle--pinching the bill and gimmick--until you feel it loosen and move slightly under your thumb. Then do the "normal" move. This actually looks more mysterious/authentic, like you are loosening the seal with heat and pressure...which, come to think of it, you are!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'll try it....
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
criverstamu09
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of criverstamu09
Quote:
On 2007-11-22 10:01, daffydoug wrote:
Here is what has always bothered me. The Glue Stick leaves a bit of sticky residue that the spectators could feel with their fingers..and that to me is a dead giveaway...which is why I have been hesitant to perform this.

If, after you do the move, you rub your thumb over the spot, you can remove any residue.
"Who you are moment to moment is just a story."
TKD27
View Profile
Elite user
Wallingford, CT
458 Posts

Profile of TKD27
Take a look at Ultra Visual Nightshades. The gimmick can be used for fraud, too. No glue Smile
larrylegal
View Profile
Regular user
Raleigh, NC
138 Posts

Profile of larrylegal
Someone suggested to me that I try Zig Glue for this effect. It leaves no residue, but I found it doesn't slide very well. Has anyone tried it with success? Also, anyone else have regular success with ChapStick? I find it slides well, but it doesn't stick very well. Also, I posted this here because I saw the thread already started, but I feel that this thread should have been in the Secret Sessions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Glue for "Fraud" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL