The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Size of show? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
I'm a juggler on the street and do the standard circle show. how ever my magic is a smaller doorway show. I want the big crowds but don't see this with the show I have. my pitch is small so this is not bad now but summer and travel season is on it's way.

the question is, what are your observations about the size of a magic street show?
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
TheGiz
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of TheGiz
What are your effects??? Cards coins & spongeballs aren't going to produce big shows. If they can't see your matrix they won't pay. If you're doing parlor size or larger effects your crowds SHOULD increase if they're interested. I personally haven't seen magicians pull in the big crowds unless you're doing a straightjacket escape or sub trunk. Again it goes back to the size of your magic.
I do close-up on the street and don't need over 30 people to have a good show. Much bigger and they can't see. It's easier for a juggler to get a big crowd because all they have to do is watch. They don't necessarily Have to hear or be personally involved.
http://blackbeltmagician.com

"And it's a good thing I only use my power for good!!!"
nick nickolas
View Profile
New user
Melbourne Australia
78 Posts

Profile of nick nickolas
Hey there Pokie,,
In my humble opion I reckon it ain't so much the size of the tricks as the size of the presentation,
I know a chap, Famos Bramwells who just does bill in lightor,,,that's it! 45mins big crowd and hat...
heres a pic of me doing my schick .... card tricks/ cig vanish/rope trick and the cups..
I reckon It's all to do with presentation and attitude..
Nick

Click here to view attached image.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I've gotten just as big crowds using Gazzo's cups and hat load as I have using smaller lemon cups and four lemons. To me the biggest difference seems to be my voice amplification. If they can't hear me they don't stick around.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
I just got a wireless mike, even tho I can project over most crowds, I think people listen to amped voice first, so this should help.
my juggling show is the standard stuff.
my magic starts with a signed card bit as it starts small but can play bigger as I pull more crowd. then rope and ring stuff. end with c&b. I want to drop the cups as it ends the show with me behind a table. looking at a head chopper as I have a strong Idea for it.
I love ideas so let them roll, I feel better the bigger the crowd. but still need to pack in.
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Be funny, be really funny.

NOTHING draws a crowd like people laughing their guts out. If you walk by a crowd of people who are obviously having a great time you are going to walk over because you want to be a part of it. Once you are there if the guy makes you laugh you will stay.

Nick is 100% on the money, Presentation and attitude. You must be entertaining and FUNNY!

Nobody will ever NOT tip you because they thought you were too Funny.

Pedro Tochas KILLS with just a few balloons and a lot of personality.

http://www.pedrotochas.com/edmonton14.jpg
Look at the size of this crowd and keep in mind he uses no sound system and does a silent act.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
I talk way to much to do a silent act. Lots of jokes.
I think what I meant to ask was what kind of shows you all do and why. and if you could change it what would you do. Like I said my pitch now is on the small side so this dictates what kind of show I do.
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Read Krowd Kontrol by Gazzo.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Bill,

I think you mean "The Art of Krowd Keeping" By James in LA and that other guy.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Danny,
I appreciate your previous post a lot because getting a chance to see that busker with that size crowd and realize he's doing a silent show--it's a real eye opener. I like getting a chance to think out of the box like that. Thanks, bud.

Jim

PS: the "other guy" is Mr. Danny Hustle
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Size of show? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL