The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Busking Bag Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Hi All:

I have been using a Balloon Apron from Arlene, for several years now, and it has been GREAT.

I'm about to add many more types of balloons to my twisting however, so am looking at the Busking Bags at Twist Em Up site. Does anyone have the Triple Busking Bag, and if so, what's it like. It's looks GREAT on their site.

Don Caldwell recommends a 'Swifty Bag', which he says is only available at T. Myers. Anyone have this? How does it compare to the Triple Busking Bag. I want to order one SOON, as I have gigs coming up in June, and I want to have room for all the new balloons I will be adding. I'm also going to add in some Balloon Magic, so need lots of space.

Any tips, advice, suggestions, recommendations, are MOST WELCOME.

smitty
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Smitty, you might want to ask that same question on one of the balloon forum sites. You'll probably get a dozen people giving answers.
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
Use the Double Busking Bag. It has 2 - 15 loop "Roll ups" that will hold 600 - 700 balloons each. The outer duffel bag has a drawstring closer, 2 rows of five pockets 6 1/2" deep for pens or rounds or a pump. The clip on carry strap can be thrown over the shoulder or adjusted to fit around your waist. The whole system with the duffel measures 10" in diameter and 14" long.

I have used this for over a year and have loved it.

You can check it out at the link below.

http://www.tmyers.com/acc/twistemup.html
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
I also have the double and love it. have not used the triple yet.
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Does anyone know of a supplier in the UK that stocks these? Thanks Dave
Graham Lee
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Graham Lee
Dave

I have busking bags & aprons.
http://www.balloonartwholesale.co.uk
They have only been in a short while so are not on the website yet.

Graham Lee
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Many thanks for your help and suggestions guys. It looks like it's going to be a toss up between the Double or Triple. Wish I could 'see' both bags close up, before making up my mind, but that's not going to happen, lol.

I 'might' throw the question onto Balloon HQ just to see the response there.

smitty
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Graham how much for the busking bags?
toomuchmagic
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of toomuchmagic
I use the single busking bag, and I love it. At times I wish I were using an apron, but a majority of the time, It is absolutely perfect. If your concerns lie with quality, rest assured this is pro...top notch.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
I'm debating between a bag and an apron. I've been using a carpenter's apron for years but it doesn't have enough pockets to sort the balloons.
Does anyone use system other than the apron or busker bag?
Lochlan
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Lochlan
I have two of the Twist 'Em Up products. An Apron and a busking bag. They are great because with the balloons separated I can find requested colors much faster, and that gives me more balloons per hour (and more money.) I'm not sure about the triple busking bag though. It takes an awful long time to fill the strips on my apron.

Why would you need 2000 balloons with you for one show? I have three sets of replacement strips for my apron and at 600 balloons a set I rarely have to replace them during a gig.

You want to leave your inventory at home in a temperature controlled environment instead of carrying them around.
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Hey guys, I know all of you don't set your balloon strips with all the balloons before every show, and know some of you will set them a few days or so ahead of time...

How do you store them once they are in the straps? Do you put the whole set-up unit in a large ziplock bag or something, or what? Essentially, how do you keep the balloons fresh while loaded in the bag for some time? And where to store it?

Thanks!
-Vinnie
Lochlan
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Lochlan
The balloons don't need to be stored away from circulation (in a ziplock) just away from heat and light. I have all my balloons in a closet in my basement.
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Simple enough. Smile

Thanks!
-Vinnie
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
I use these wine carriers. They work great fo my purposes. I use a soft cooler for my assorted 260's

Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
View my balloon sorting system here:
http://markbyrne.balloonhq.com/

This should all the questions I have received from people as to my unique Gunslinger style pouch seen in my DVD Bad to the Balloon #1 & #2.

Mark
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Thanks for that Mark! Much appreciated.

Hadnt thought about banding the unusual balloons together! Douh is so obviouse!

Dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Busking Bag Help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL