The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Henning rope effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
The "Knot Unexpected" as it was sold/marketed back in the 70s and 80s (like the one I have) had the words "As performed on TV by Doug Henning" on the packaging. Still have mine, and haven't used it in years. Knot Unexpected does use 2 spectators to hold the ends of the rope (when you know the method, you'll understand why) and neither spectator is a stooge.

Steve
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
On one of his television specials Doug did the Paul Curry Effect. But when touring, for reasons of practicality he switched to the Knot Unexpected Version.
Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1181 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
Is the Paul Curry version in print?
Jolyon Jenkins
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
462 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
It is in his book World`s Beyond (page 359) and there you can see that Henning performed an early version of it and right after his book was published Rink from Holland marketed his version which does not require 2 assistants but spectator can`t come near it or handle it without discovering its secret.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I always thought the effect was done with the reels, and then the Pavel version had confused me.
I had been intrigued early on by the Henning effect and thought it could be used for a rope thru body effect.
If someone has some video links of performances for the methods discussed, I would kike to see them.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I have Pavel's "junior walking knot", "Knot Unexpected", and Ian's "Loops". The Pavel trick is a stroke of genius (but expensive), Knot Unexpected is nice but a bit clumsy for me to do, and Ian's (very cheap to make) "Loops" is easily the most impressive and simplest to perform. I love the way Ian thinks out of the box.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Henning rope effect (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL