The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Canadian Association of Magicians! » » Just another reason to attend CAM (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sailorphil
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of sailorphil
During the upcoming CAM Convention
Glenn West will be appearing at Kind of Magic to perform his new effect Forgery
For those of you who don't Glenn West Magis a Canadian ician who's Brand New Effect hit the stores on Monday, Kind of Magic is the magic and juggling shop located down the road from the convention - about 10 minutes on King Street.
If we are lucky Glenn will also show us his upcoming effect Seamless !
Glenn will also be offering his effect at a special price at that time.
We will post the exact time frame and date later - Glenn is picking a time that coincides with a slow spot in the convention schedule ( no small feet - as the convention promises to keep everyone busy )

Phil
sailorphil
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of sailorphil
Glenn will be demonstrating the effect on Thursday June 14th between 11am and 1pm.

I made the drive from the Delta Hotel to the store today 7 minutes.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
LOL, remember, not everyone will drive like Phil though Smile

Just kidding, the store IS very close.

As Phi said, I will be at Kind of Magic on June 14 between 11 AM and 1 PM to demo Forgery for anyone insterested. It is a time during the CAM convention that looks to not be too busy, so I am planning on sneaking away for a bit to do this;)

Like I said, at this point in the Convention, there is not anything schedualed, out side of dealer's room being open I believe.

Hope to see some of you guys there.

Thanks
Glenn
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
dgcuff
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
191 Posts

Profile of dgcuff
I did enjoy seeing Glenn perform Forgery... he sold me on it!

I haven't been able to get the DVD from the effect to play in my laptop computer yet, but I have a lot of troubleshooting to do before I try to place the blame on the DVD itself. Smile
I formerly ran a site of links to help Canadian magicians, magicinfo.ca, but I retired it in 2022.
dgcuff
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
191 Posts

Profile of dgcuff
Quote:
On 2007-06-14 19:19, dgcuff wrote:
I haven't been able to get the DVD from the effect to play in my laptop computer yet

Just a note to say that I went back to Kind of Magic, and the DVD played fine in their player, and then the DVD played okay in my laptop, and they STILL insisted on giving me a replacement, and apologized the whole time. So thanks a lot, and maybe soon I can stop talking about me and start talking about the effect. Smile
I formerly ran a site of links to help Canadian magicians, magicinfo.ca, but I retired it in 2022.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Glen, you're a real trooper buddy. Not only did you stay up till 5:30 (though, I beat you by not sleeping at all, and you missed the WACKIEST tv show I have EVER seen, plus a good chat with 2 time IBM pres Bill Spooner), but you had some funky ideas and I appreciated you sharing them. Hopefully, you had as much fun as I did (which, if your loud and obnoxious laughter was any indication of such, I think you did) and I hope to see you soon.

Remember- It's all in the cards (and your feet stink).

Ben Train
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Just for those who are wondering...

Phil's shop, Kind of Magic, is also available online at http://www.kwmagic.com
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Quote:
On 2007-06-18 00:45, Nordatrax wrote:
and you missed the WACKIEST tv show I have EVER seen,

Was that the one with the dragon?
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
No, you're thinking Jane and Her Dragon.

I'm talking about Frankenstein's Fun House (which, after googling, turns out NOT to be the name...)

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Quote:
On 2007-06-25 01:53, Nordatrax wrote:
No, you're thinking Jane and Her Dragon.

I'm talking about Frankenstein's Fun House (which, after googling, turns out NOT to be the name...)

Hey...I remember reading that book when I was little. (Jane and Her Dragon). Frankenstein's Fun House? Hmm...does sound interesting.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Are you thinking of the Robert Munch book?

Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
A cursory glance at amazon.com says I'm thinking of the Martin Baynton book.
enigmax
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
115 Posts

Profile of enigmax
Quote:
I'm talking about Frankenstein's Fun House

Hilarious House of Frightenstein perhaps?
"To be on the wire is life, the rest is waiting"
Karl Wallenda
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2007-06-18 00:45, Nordatrax wrote:
Glen, you're a real trooper buddy. Not only did you stay up till 5:30 (though, I beat you by not sleeping at all, and you missed the WACKIEST tv show I have EVER seen, plus a good chat with 2 time IBM pres Bill Spooner), but you had some funky ideas and I appreciated you sharing them. Hopefully, you had as much fun as I did (which, if your loud and obnoxious laughter was any indication of such, I think you did) and I hope to see you soon.

Remember- It's all in the cards (and your feet stink).

Ben Train

LOL, yes they did smell. *** sandels.

Had a great time. Every time I'm back in kitchener I am wishing the con was still going.

Loved all the late night/early morning jams.

michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
It was fun jamming with you at CAM Glenn! I still have your deck of cards, by the way. You gave it to me and left.. Ah well.

CAM was a blast. I seriously never slept... Ahh, sitting by the pool at 6:00AM with my new AoA books or jamming with Ben and the crew.. Good times. I miss it already!
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Hich deck? Was it a black bike?

As anyone who's seen inside my brief case knows, I've got far too many decks with me all the time to notice when some go missing, lol.

michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Ahh yes, I have seen your briefcase. A wonder to behold, that is!

By the way, it was a Blue-backed Deck of Bikes youlet me borrow so I could lose badly to Ben Train.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Ah, lol, wasn't that like the first day?

What exactly was that there any ways? I ended up going somewhere else before anything happened.

What'd he do, and what'd you do?

michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

I did Joshua Jay's Trumped Triumph, and he did a card location effect.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
You didn't lose badly, and I cheated...

I read Erdnase.

I had a blast with you guys, and with the convention in general. The highlite, for me at least, was spending about 2 and a half hours sitting beside steve beam, David Ben, and Juan Tamariz followed by an all nighter of free pizza, coke, and jamming (and yes, it was the Hilarious House of Frightenstien, which was the strangest thing I have ever seen).

Ben T.
p.s.
I am working on getting Mr. Beam back in to do some lecturing and workshops. I haven't been so impressed in a long time.
p.p.s.
Josh Jay, the creator of Trumped Triumph that you used, might be coming in next year.
p.p.p.s.
Mike, we're gonna jam like hardcore up at Camp!!!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Canadian Association of Magicians! » » Just another reason to attend CAM (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL