The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Card Give-aways (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Robert Apodaca
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Profile of Robert Apodaca
I'm sure many of you do routine where the spectator keeps their signed card at the end, ACR to name one.

I wan wondering how you deal with this situation? If you're doing walkaround you may do ACR more than 20 times. You can't perform with a small deck, looks strange and suspicious.

What I have been doing is adding "junk" cards that I keep. However, the deck soon becomes mixed with old and new cards which is weird, plus the other day I had a problem with duplicate cards.

I think the best way to do it, is always have to new decks and replace the signed card with the same card from the other deck. This seems a little bit too much of a reset for table hopping?

Any ideas guys? What do you guys do?

Any adivce appreciated.
JeffMac
View Profile
Veteran user
Sudbury, ont
350 Posts

Profile of JeffMac
I end up giving them the deck these days but I'm more hobby performing these days and not horribly concerned with the cash I bring home. but what I used to do was have several packs with me per night then use a new one every couple tables then when I got home use one of the decks to refill the others. Then keep that deck and try and use it to refill the set from the next night. would usually have a few quarter packs and could find the cards to refill. Big thing is go to some big box store and buy decks in bulk then your not to concerned with your decks
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
How about have some spare cards in your pocket, then force them on your spectator? That way, the deck stays full, no extra cards, such as 5 kings, etc.

And they won't suspect a force, since they SIGNED THE CARD! Smile

Best,
Steve
TheGiz
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of TheGiz
Use a blank faced deck. Do a couple "moves" to the top. . .then show the all blanks eplaining that their card really did rise. . .have them sign one card and continue proving this to be true. Saves wasting a regular deck and gives them an original card to keep.
http://blackbeltmagician.com

"And it's a good thing I only use my power for good!!!"
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
I've bought decks of all one card, the one I force on them to do the routine, and give them the signed one and replace it. When rest of deck gets too old to keep doing that, I just get a new deck to use, but TheGiz's idea sounds like a great one to me.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Robert Apodaca
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Thanks for the advice.

I like Magic_Steve's idea, however I do like the idea of have them believe it is a free selection, but this will give me a good reason to practice my classic force.

Thanks Giz, but a blank deck screams gimmick magic cards.
Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
Yeah the gimmick is there is only one card with their whatever scribbled on it and strange things keep happening to it. This is a deck that can be handed to the unbeliever. Gimmicks are rarely put in a specky's hand what with all the bad things that can happen.

I'd force the card and ACR it to it's conclusion of whatever, then possibly show that all the rest are blank. Would add to the "Your card is special" bit that is so often used.

I've no reason to use this idea at the time but for a walk-a-round I really like it.
Robert Apodaca
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

I don't understand what you are saying.

Are you saying you would do the routine with a regular deck and just use a blank facer for the marks card?

Or are you saying you would use an all blank facer deck. Period. In either case there is no reason to force a card.
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
I bring my little magic case with me to shows, private or weekly restaurant. In there I have numerous decks of cards, biz cards, flyers, all my magic props for strolling. If I really need to I go "refill" the deck or crack a new one. I use a new deck almost every performance if not EVERY performance. It's not expensive...you can get 12 new decks for $13.49 at CoscoBJs etc... Never a worry.
PS. I always keep 2 diff dupes (a red and a black) in the deck for a seperate part of one of my routines. Ifwhen you know they're in there you won't need to worry about being suprised if they come up. Because they won't:)
.:Michael Kelley
On the Level, By the Square
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Card Give-aways (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL