The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » 4 reprints from Kaufman & Greeberg (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
The Collected Almanac by Richard Kaufman
$60 (Pre-publication: $50)

Life Savers by Michael Weber
$45 (Pre-publication: $35)

Amazing Miracles of Shigeo Takagi by Richard Kaufman
$45 (Pre-publication: $35)

Spirit Theater by Eugene Burger
$50 (Pre-publication: $40)

Kaufman and Company is pleased to reprint four of our most requested books that have been out of print, some for as long as 17 years. We are offering exclusive pre-publication prices on these four reprints until July 30, so avoid disappointment and don't wait to order. You haven't seen prices like this in 10 years! Shipping is free in the United States.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
All of these are terrific books. The Collected Almanac has tons of great material from a wide variety of performers. A number of the effects in this book have since found there way on to DVD.

CJ
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
That is very good news, Peo. Thanks for sharing that info.

Mike

P.S. Afterthought: And at prices like those mentioned above for such quality magic and such quality produced magic, it kind of makes a peerson nostalgic and makes him sit up and take notice of all the "magic inflation" prices that many magic sellers of today are pushing for their single effect e-books. Ah! The good ol' days where there was pride in production of the finished product and great value being offered the magic buyer.

I'm not saying that some of the single effect e-books might not be worth the high prices being demanded for those relatively inexpensive (to produce) e-books (Yeh. I know. "You are paying for the secret."). What I am saying is that I'd rather pay $50.00 for a high quality produced hard cover book that contains a plethora of effects and ideas (and which is in a permanent easy to read format) than pay $25-50 (or more?) for a hastily-produced single effect e-book "preserved in a digital hard-to-read less-than-permanent format and which, in a lot of cases, seems to constitute relatively minor variations of, or improvement to, an existing effect. Thank you Richard Kaufman!!!
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Shakey
View Profile
Veteran user
In over 4 million i've made
360 Posts

Profile of Shakey
Anyone ho hasnt got 'Collected Almanac' should take this opportunity - it is an excellent standard IMHO
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
Of course the question for those of us who don't live in America is -
what will the changes in postage mean ?
Will the postage cost more than the books ?
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of PapaG
It looks like the postage does indeed cost more than the books.
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
Thanks for the tip, Peo!
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
No !!

Postage to Europe has changed.
Surface post- by boat - seems to of been withdrawn, and Air Mail must be used.
The diference to a Genii magazine is about £1 so a big book is going to cost a lot more.
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
It should be shipped by now, Richard said it would be shipped end of June. Anybody can confirm this? Thanks.

Jeff
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Contact Richard through Genii's homepage and then via e-mail or phone.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
Quote:
From GeniiMagazine.com:

$10.00 International Economy Service (Worldwide except Canada) $10 per book less than $50. $15 per book more than $55.

$6.00 International Economy Service (Canadian Customers) $6 per book less than $50. $10 per book more than $55.

Not to bad when I have paid more for domestic shipping recently.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I can't wait to get a hold of Life Savers. That book has been going for high dollar amounts on ebay. I found a used copy at my local book store for about $75 bucks.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
My order for the collected almanc shiped today. can't wait. so anyone that has or will ordered these should all arrive soon!
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Yes...a great deal...just ordered all four, can´t wait to see those once oop gems arrive at my doorstep Smile
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Yes, shipping to me is really "kill" especially ordering many magic books one at a time.

Sometimes, if you opt for the cheapest shipping (sea mail), it's not worth it because at the end of the day, the books went missing and heavily dented is not a better alternatives. Smile

Andrew Loh

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
YESSSSS...they arrived today!!!
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Got my copy of the almanac, well construct as usual from kaufman the amount of great material is mind blowing!
RabbitInDaHat
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of RabbitInDaHat
Just bought a copy of The Collected Almanac by Richard Kaufman, and WOW....even the few tricks in the "Previously Unpublished Routines" section are pretty awesome. I've got already about 12 great tricks to learn and practice before reaching page 1 of his Almanac Issue 1.

I'm giddy at the thought of the gems buried in this book!!!! Not just cards, but coins, elastic bands, etc....even Sankey's Airtight is included in this (wish I had known before buying it a year ago in stand-alone form...but I'm not upset cause it's a GREAT effect with great reactions).

I can't wait to devote a few hours and a brand new deck of bikes to this book (to only scratch the surface that is).
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

I love the brillaint c/s from latta, gallos ball vase routine, and that's only the start. the almanac is great
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » 4 reprints from Kaufman & Greeberg (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL