The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Rope/String Puzzle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kristian Skovbo
View Profile
Regular user
Denmark
159 Posts

Profile of Kristian Skovbo
I am looking for puzzle/bets that you can do with one or two pieces of ropes/strings (like the one where you challenge the audience to tie a knot without letting go of the ends - by crossing you arms)
Any ideas?

Thanks

Kristian
Denmark
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Try the classic G. W. Hunter knot. In this routine, the person is doing the same thing that you're doing, but they never wind up with a knot, while you do.

When doing this, there are a couple of things you can do to confuse the issue. For example, just before they toss the rope over their hands, take the ends from them. The rope will form into a knot, and you can congratulate them on having done it correctly! As they're not sure what they did differently this time, they'll start wondering why the same set of actions results in a knot sometimes, but not others.
Kristian Skovbo
View Profile
Regular user
Denmark
159 Posts

Profile of Kristian Skovbo
Thanks Scott

This is exactly the kind of routines I am looking for!
Do you know where the Huntor knot explained?
I am about the do a workshop where I will put some puzzle in with a string/rope...that the spectator can do.
Thanks
Kristian
Denmark
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
You can find it in Encyclopedia of Rope Magic or Daryl's Expert Rope Magic Made Easy, among other sources. Just about any magic book that extensively covers rope should have it, although they won't always call it the G.W. Hunter Knot.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Rope/String Puzzle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL