The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Jokes/Gags/Stunts to be Used with the Sub Trunk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Are there any Jokes Gags or even Funny stunts that can be used with the sub Trunk. I'm looking for some ideas to use thank you D.
thesecretrouting
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of thesecretrouting
There's always the old classic. After the guy ties the girl in the sack, stage whisper for him to crawl in the trunk with her. I don't see anyone do this anymore so it should be new to today's audiences.

Jim Barron
IllusionJack
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of IllusionJack
I'd be very curious to hear more of these. The above suggestion is a good one! I suck at writing comedy so any ideas for me to write a little bit of lighthearted comedy into my own sub-trunk routine are welcome.

--Jack Smile
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Anyone who attended the Blackpool Magic convention in 1996 might recall my sub trunk routine.

Rock music starts....
assistant gets in the box....
I jump on the top....
curtain goes up....
music is interrupted with a voice-over saying there are some "technical difficulties; but in the meantime here's some music"...
cheesy french accordian music starts playing...
the curtain continues to be shimmied/wiggled in time honoured fashion....
voice-over cuts back to say "all technical difficulties have been resolved;back to the metamorphosis illusion"....
voice calls out 3,2,1....
curtain drops down to reveal....
me standing on top of the box naked! (although I still had my red shoes on)

I jump off the box....run off stage and come straight back on in a dressing gown....
the box is opened to show my assistant is now wearing my distinctive performing outfit.

So in effect my outfit did the transposition but I didn't. I staged it in such a way as not to be overtly gratuitous in nature while still being somewhat 'full on' or dare I say it 'in your face'! Smile

Probably the biggest reacion I've ever got from any routine ever. The MC even gave up trying to contiue the show, came off stage and had to wait for the crowd to stop laughing.

A one off performance.

Of course if you're going to do something like this you have to be sure before hand that you've got the balls to do it. Smile

Neal.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Larry Bean
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm digging enough holes for
2016 Posts

Profile of Larry Bean
Neal,

That's the funniest thing I ever heard! I've been doing it straight for 20 years. I don't think I have the balls to do it the way you did - I would at least have to wear long underwear. I simply love the "technical difficulty" business. Bravo!

Larry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Jokes/Gags/Stunts to be Used with the Sub Trunk (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL