The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Martin Lewis's Cardiographic in the Linking Ring (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

markhammagi
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of markhammagi
Martin Lewis created and published a routine called Cardiographic. This routine was first published in the Linking Ring over ten years ago. Can anyone on the Magic Café tell me which issue of the Linking Ring contains this routine ?

With thanks,
Andy
Andy
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Actually, it was first published in Martin's Miracles in 1985.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
That's what I thought. I do recall though, reading something in a magazine article by, I beleive, Dan Garrett, that discussed a slight mechanical change that supposedly made the gimmick work better. I made one from the Martin's Miracles description, and I've never had a problem with it. I've never seen one of the commercially made props.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
markhammagi
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of markhammagi
Gentlemen, thank you for both of your responses.
Andy
Andy
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
The first publication of Cardiographic that I'm aware of was in an MUM issue dedicated to Mike Caveny. It featured great effects from Harry Anderson, Martin Lewis, and others. As I recall, this predated Martin's Miracles.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
DanGarrett
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
169 Posts

Profile of DanGarrett
Curtis Kam is absolutely correct. The first publication of Cardiographic WAS in M-U-M magazine, in the Mike Caveney issue (I don't recall the month or year). Even Martin Lewis forgot this, and states on his new DVD (and his newest release of the Sketch Pad Rising Card effect, much improved btw) that it was first published in the Linking Ring. The publication of Martin's Miracles came later. I learned the effect from M-U-M, before Martin's Miracles came out. I recently wrote a review of the newest release in M-U-M a couple of months ago, if you want to check out some more about this effect.
Dan Garrett
www.dangarrettmagic.com
SAM National President 1994-1995
MIMC with Gold Star - London
email request to dangarrett@aol.com to receive a free catalog
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
The M-U-M issue was July, 1983 (vol. 73, no. 2)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Martin Lewis's Cardiographic in the Linking Ring (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL