The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Eggink latest effect knocked me out ! ! ! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
432 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
Is this man comming from an another planet ?
It seems that Eggink is a real creator machine(as mentioned in my previous messages)
As you've already noticed, I am a Eggink fan, this man really knock's me out . . .
While surfing on the net, I came accross a freshly posted clip on youtube of Peter Eggink .
I was already aware of the basic effect Knock-Out from his Beyond Belief dvd,however, the cllp of this (I think) new version even look more amazing.
It seems like Eggink has outdone himself once again.
I throughly believe, Peter is among the new generation of magic creators, bringing forth a new outlook for any magician,professianal and amateur
Peter shows not only clever thinking in method but also in excecution.
I like eefects like these, visual strong magic. I hope Eggink release this (I think) new version of Knock-Out, I'll be the first who's going to purchase this . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cGRUgUBbGg
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Don't know why that was obvious to me first time through... but, clever thinking.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I remember the effect from the DVD...but if I remember rightly, it looked the same...what's the difference?

Don't get me wrong it is a fantastic routine though, and Peter IS a great thinker in Magic
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
harishjose
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of harishjose
Why is PE's effects always hyped so much???

Most of his effects are mediocre, and IMO he is overrated.
To believe is Magic.
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
432 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
Quote:
On 2007-06-28 04:54, harishjose wrote:

That's probaly why he is on the cover of Streetmagic magazine . . .
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
Quote:
On 2007-06-28 07:07, Peter Polo wrote:
Quote:

That's probaly why he is on the cover of Streetmagic magazine . . .

I imagine that is quite an honor Smile
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Quote:

I think Peter's effects are fantastic. They don't fit my style because I do not work with gimmicks, or at least not card "gimmicks" the way Peter does, but anytime I have found a time/place to perform his effects they get fantastic reactions. I love his thinking in magic, and enjoy his presentations.
jimbowmanjr
View Profile
Veteran user
Inside the Bottle
320 Posts

Profile of jimbowmanjr
I thought it was a nice effect personally. It didn't fool me but then again I don't learn magic to fool or entertain magicians. I think this would be entertaining and magical to a layperson.

--Jim
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
846 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
After getting screwed with OUTCASED, I'll pan the reviews for anything Peter releases before even considering a purchase.
Peter Eggink
View Profile
V.I.P.
Netherlands
399 Posts

Profile of Peter Eggink
Hi guys,

usually I don't respond to these type of threads, but somehow I felt the need to chime in.

Peter Polo:

I really appreciate that you like my material, and that you are a true fan.
It's comment like yours that makes all the hard work worth it. "knock Out" was released on my DVD "Beyond belief" 2 years ago, and the video you're refering to is indeed a NEW version of the effect -improved if you will.

The improvement is basically that you can now show and place really 3 cards on top of the card box Smile Those who own my "Beyond Belief" DVD know what I'm talking about.

The videodemo shows just one handling, but for the "lazy" magicians, I've also included and designed a "No-Palming" method, which is AS powerful and deceptive.

Sure, there will be always magicians around who will hate me for this. I simply can't please everyone no matter how hard I try. No one can. I don't really care what other people think of me and my magic. If I did, I simply would not have a life anymore. Everything I do comes straight from my heart, and was created for real people in real world circumstances. You either like it, or not.

Well, everything boils down to the fact that every human being is unique and different, with his very own perception and his own reality. That's what makes life worth living, isn't it?

DougNicols:

Sorry if you felt "Screwed" with "Outcased". Can you please elaborate? I received indeed a couple of complains that the elastic thread broke prematurely, but all I can say is that it simply does not break by itself. I use my own unit for a VERY long time, and it still works perfectly. As long as you treat your unit with proper care, it WILL last a VERY long time. If the thread might break per accident, you can get a bulk roll of 600 ft for $20,- through: http://www.wizardcraft.com

Simply thread it, knot it, and you're back in business. It just takes 2 minutes to do so. if you're not sure how to do it, e-mail or call me and I help you through this personally.

It is easy to bash a product and/or a person behind a username on the internet, rather then communicate with some little respect.

Peace, and thanks everyone for your continues support.

Peter Eggink
https://www.deceptivedreamz.com/product-page/cash-card-by-armanujjaman-abir-peter-eggink

CA$H CARD -a brand new credit card to bill...and vice versa!
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Peter, it's great that you were able to respond to this thread so respectively the way you did. As I said earlier in the thread I absolutely love your thinking, and though I don't perform using the "gimmicks" that you do, your methods/presentations have inspired me time and time again to create based on your effects. I do believe that some time ago I emailed you my impromptu, gimmickless variation of B-Sandwiched that I still use on a daily basis in my performing repertoire.

Love your work and keep 'em coming! Are you going to come to the States for a lecture tour at some point? It would be fantastic to be able to meet you.
Peter Eggink
View Profile
V.I.P.
Netherlands
399 Posts

Profile of Peter Eggink
Hi Brian,

Thanks for the praise. I really appreciate it.

Yes -I saw your clip of "B-sandwiched" that you e-mailed me a while back. It's great to see that magicians like yourself get inspired by my magic, to create their "own".

I've no plans to lecture in the USA at the moment. I did germany, and a number of lectures in the UK this year. I WILL do the USA in the near future Smile

Cheers,

Peter
https://www.deceptivedreamz.com/product-page/cash-card-by-armanujjaman-abir-peter-eggink

DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
846 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Hi Peter,

The Café hosts multiple bad reviews of your product, along with some on other boards:

Luke Dancy: "I got mine yesterday and after playing with it for a couple of hours it broke."

algebraic: "I have this item. It's not going to hold up under very many performances."

Robert M: "It's disappointing"

emyers99: "Just didn't seem practical, durable, or worth carrying around"

Christopher Kavanagh: "For workers, they just wear out too quickly"

Christopher Williams: "I won't use it in the real world"

akirafist: "Avoid it, avoid it and avoid it"

When I PM'd you asking about replacement strings you referred me to Mark Mason. I'm happy you finally have the link I posted in another thread to supply to other people. In Outcased's video, Mark demos this to a guy in a magic shop who couldn't have been more than 3 feet away from the gimmick, at which distance you can plainly see how the gimmick works. He looks up at Mark with an expression of "I can't believe you're selling this" while feigning surprise on how magical the performance was.

In addition, there's zero instructions on how to re-thread the gimmick, nor where to get replacements. Almost like you expected the gimmick to last forever, or the sap who purchased it to toss into his magic drawer. Outcased is designed for a YouTube performance, from a distance since any closeup spectators will be less than impressed. And don't claim "audience management" because not even the most intoxicated spec will be fooled by it up close.

I do like most of your other material, and I understand your desire to believe that all your creations are marvelous and capable of great things, but it seems unrealistic in this case.

All this of course is IMHO.
Peter Eggink
View Profile
V.I.P.
Netherlands
399 Posts

Profile of Peter Eggink
Quote:
On 2007-07-02 15:47, DougNicols wrote:

Outcased is designed for a YouTube performance, from a distance since any closeup spectators will be less than impressed. And don't claim "audience management" because not even the most intoxicated spec will be fooled by it up close.

BS -"Outcased" was and IS designed for the real world. I use this effect professionally, and it gets the greatest reactions ever. Good enough for me...

"Outcased" is a sell out at my lectures and conventions that I do across the world, and magicians see me actually perform it LIVE.

I'm very proud on this effect and I stand behind it for the fully 100%, like every other product that I put out. I designed, created the effect and sold the rights to JB Magic. If you have complains about the gaff, contact Mark mason as he's manufacturing them.

Magicians who have the biggest comments either never used it, don't have the ability to perform it, or don't even own the product.

These where my last comments. I'm signing off.

Kind regards,

Peter Eggink

roham92
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of roham92
Quote:
On 2007-07-02 15:47, DougNicols wrote:
Hi Peter,

The Café hosts multiple bad reviews of your product, along with some on other boards:

Luke Dancy: "I got mine yesterday and after playing with it for a couple of hours it broke."

algebraic: "I have this item. It's not going to hold up under very many performances."

Robert M: "It's disappointing"

emyers99: "Just didn't seem practical, durable, or worth carrying around"

Christopher Kavanagh: "For workers, they just wear out too quickly"

Christopher Williams: "I won't use it in the real world"

akirafist: "Avoid it, avoid it and avoid it"

When I PM'd you asking about replacement strings you referred me to Mark Mason. I'm happy you finally have the link I posted in another thread to supply to other people. In Outcased's video, Mark demos this to a guy in a magic shop who couldn't have been more than 3 feet away from the gimmick, at which distance you can plainly see how the gimmick works. He looks up at Mark with an expression of "I can't believe you're selling this" while feigning surprise on how magical the performance was.

In addition, there's zero instructions on how to re-thread the gimmick, nor where to get replacements. Almost like you expected the gimmick to last forever, or the sap who purchased it to toss into his magic drawer. Outcased is designed for a YouTube performance, from a distance since any closeup spectators will be less than impressed. And don't claim "audience management" because not even the most intoxicated spec will be fooled by it up close.

I do like most of your other material, and I understand your desire to believe that all your creations are marvelous and capable of great things, but it seems unrealistic in this case.

All this of course is IMHO.

With all do respect it seems like your on this thread just to bash Peter. This was his first release of "THIS" product so how can you expect everything to be perfect? Is he God or something? One person cant please everyone. You listed a bunch of things about what people had to say but whats that suppose to do? It obviouse that there are people who didn't like the product. If you really thought it was just a youtube effect maybe you shouldnt have bought it cause the camera angle in the demo for youtube is pretty close to peter.
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Quote:
On 2007-07-02 12:23, Peter Eggink wrote:
I've no plans to lecture in the USA at the moment. I did germany, and a number of lectures in the UK this year. I WILL do the USA in the near future Smile

Cheers,

Peter

Peter,

You are welcome to come to my area and lecture anytime.
We'll leave the light on for you.

Nick Verna
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
This thread isn't about Outcased, but Knock Out.

Knock out can be seen here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxKFhmdTBNo

Looks like a great effect. If you can do a cop, it's easy. Peter says there is even a no palm method.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Eggink latest effect knocked me out ! ! ! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL