The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2007 entrée: Chad Long » » The meaning of life? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Any ideas?

Matt
Chad Long
View Profile
V.I.P.
229 Posts

Profile of Chad Long
Quote:
On 2007-06-30 13:28, Matt Colman wrote:
Any ideas?

Matt

Matt,

My week here was supposed to be for serious topics, like holding two cards as one, and how to hide a quarter in your hand. If you're gonna get this shallow on us, then I simply don't have the time for you. Now, when you've matured a bit, and wanna ask me about something meaningful like the best glue to use for a paper tear, then feel free to come back. In the meantime, put down Camu, and pick up Bobo...

Chad
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
Meaning of life?

I've had the distinct pleasure of knowing Chad since he was pulling cards out of the walls of a nightclub, sporting a gray ponytail, back in the early 90's. I was a serious hobbyist amateur at best back then and was blessed with his friendship and knowledge. We've spent hundreds of hours in livingroom floor sessions and late night brainstorming all nighters. I was honored to attend his wedding and witness the fusion of beauty and style. I'm a better person because of my friend Chad and I hope that each of you reading this can capture but a fraction of what he has to offer as a magician, as a human and as a friend should you ever meet him.

While Chad may or may not know the meaning of life, I would like to proudly claim that he has added significant meaning to my life. This may read real corny, but Chad, thanks buddy. It is my pleasure and honor to be your friend.

Thanks for your Guest Of Honor appearance here at the Café! See you soon.

peace, charlie
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Thank you Charlie Smile I Appreciate your answer.

Everyone asks the special guest's the same kind of magic questions. There is so much more to a magician than his magic. I think everyone has there own interpretation (thats changes over the years) to what the meaning of life is.

I am kinda sad that Chad found this to be an immature un-serious question. It wasn't. I was genuinely interested.
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
Matt,

I assure you...I guarantee you...I'm 100% positive, that Chad was simply being humorous and I'm sure that you can see that after reading several of his other posts. He doesn't have a foul or malicious bone in his body...except that one time I bent his shell...but we had been drinking and the truth be told it really wasn't my fault anyways because...forget it.

peace, charlie
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
He does seem a really nice guy and I've heard nothing but good things! But I think he must of thought I was joking or he would of posted his ideas??? I got the feeling he posted a humorous response but at the same time wanted to put me in my place.

Lol, bet he hurt you bad for damaging his shell! Hope you where talking about a coin one and not implying Chad is secretly a turtle!

Matt
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-06-30 14:30, Chad Long wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-06-30 13:28, Matt Colman wrote:
Any ideas?

Matt

Matt,

My week here was supposed to be for serious topics, like holding two cards as one, and how to hide a quarter in your hand. If you're gonna get this shallow on us, then I simply don't have the time for you. Now, when you've matured a bit, and wanna ask me about something meaningful like the best glue to use for a paper tear, then feel free to come back. In the meantime, put down Camu, and pick up Bobo...

Chad

That's one of the funniest posts I've ever read. Dang you're funny!!!

Posted: Jun 30, 2007 6:01pm
Quote:

On 2007-06-30 15:58, Matt Colman wrote:
Thank you Charlie I Appreciate your answer.

Everyone asks the special guest's the same kind of magic questions. There is so much more to a magician than his magic. I think everyone has there own interpretation (thats changes over the years) to what the meaning of life is.

I am kinda sad that Chad found this to be an immature un-serious question. It wasn't. I was genuinely interested.

What from Chad's bio,magic or his posts made you think your question was appropriate or to be taken serious.

If this was the Nirvana Café, then I could understand.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Quote:
On 2007-06-30 18:01, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-06-30 15:58, Matt Colman wrote:
Thank you Charlie Smile I Appreciate your answer.

WHat from Chad's bio,magic or his posts made you think your question was appropriate or to be taken serious.

If this was the Nirvana Café, then I could understand.

Get that closed mind a little more open!

Just because I didn't ask you Mr Kavanagh don't be upset with me.
Chad Long
View Profile
V.I.P.
229 Posts

Profile of Chad Long
Hey Matt,

When you wrote in one of your other messages: 'PS: Where did you hide my monkey?', I thought, "Now here's a guy I could hang out with!" LOL! I honestly didn't think you were being serious, so I'm really sorry about that, and I certainly wasn't trying to "put you in your place", as you mentioned. Anyway, I've got people to take care of that!* Take care, and keep in touch!

Chad

*Humor
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
LOL!!! Chad, you really are too funny, I don't think I've laughed out loud at text so much in a short space of time! Love your posts
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Don't worry about it Chad!

Maybe I will put joking or not joking before I speak to people =) Maybe I'll just leave you people guessing!

I'll stay in touch amigo! We can discuss this question over a beer, whilst looking for my d*mn monkey!

Your people definitely put me somewhere...I'm not sure if it's my place...but hell with it they got snacks and sponge bob dvds! I'm staying here.

Best,

Matt

p.s You better laugh at my hanging Chads joke...

p.p.s Chris W is right! Awesome posts.

p.p.p.s So what glue is best for T&R?? Dave Williamson lent me a tub of mayonnaise...he swears by it.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-06-30 18:38, Matt Colman wrote:

Just because I didn't ask you Mr Kavanagh don't be upset with me.
[/quote]

Chad answered your question here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......35&1

Or...you get buy the entire Buffy The Vampire series and get the answer!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2007 entrée: Chad Long » » The meaning of life? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL