The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Thimbles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

johnobryant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
195 Posts

Profile of johnobryant
What size audience is too big for thimbles, assuming regular auditorium seating? I have a good thimble routine and I want to start performing it in shows.

John
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
It is not the size of the audience but the performance venue. Another thing to consider is the color of the thimble - does it show up well with your costume from a distance?
johnobryant
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
195 Posts

Profile of johnobryant
Well I usually where a black suit. The only colorful thing about it may be my shirt beneath it. The backdrop is black as well. My show is not "dark" or anything it is a comedy magic show. I have been practicing this routine for about 2 years but never performed it for anyone. I think the thimbles will stand out also if the lighting is just right.

John
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
Westfield, North Carolina, USA
449 Posts

Profile of The Great Danton
If your suit and backdrop are black, and your shirt isn't white, then white might be a good choice of colour for your thimbles. I am just starting thimbles, so mine are metal. if they are really shiny then I have found that you can see them a long way off. You might just have to have someone sit in the back and see if they can see what you are doing.

Danton
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house."
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Yes, white thimbles will show out well.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Actually, if you are on stage good spot lighting is the answer. Talk to the stage manager about lighting set-up for your act.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Thimbles (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL