The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Bob's Breather Card by Bob Solari (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I've been using bretaher cards for years. I used Bob King's ( I "think" Bob invented the breather? ) for years. Then Martin Nash released his infinity method and I use that.

Bob Solari has come up with card that he markets that is incredible. I'm using it in my Sam The Bellop deck. I love this card!!!

http://www.gmrcreations.com/bob/under15.htm#breathercard

by Bob Solari © 2007
This is my version of the breather card. Many effects are possible using this gimmick. Us it to force a card, or use it as a prediction effect, etc. Complete with 2 breather cards [one red, one blue] using Bicycle ® Brand cards.

Price: $5.00
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
dafin77
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of dafin77
I'm not following. I can put a breather crimp into a card in a couple of seconds. Why would I buy someone's "version of the breather"? Is it somehow better than putting a breather crimp into card? How? Who is buying this?
David Finkelstein
dafin77@hotmail.com
Maynard
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of Maynard
I also have a couple of Bob's breathers and think they are terrific.
Once you know how it's been done it's very simple to make something similar of your own.
I nice little buy.
Is it better than a crimp? That's going to depend on the individual, but for me, yes I do prefer it.

M
A.J.
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan
314 Posts

Profile of A.J.
With Bob Solari's breather card, it is impossible to miss your mark. It's an excellent tool that you will appreciate under fire.

Recommended.

A.J.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I'm so acurate with Bob's bretaher. It elevated this tool to a very high degree.

afknight
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of afknight
Can anyone explain in what ways this is better than, say, a breather you can make on your own? I'm not sure how well it would hold up from deck to deck as there is usually some amount of dirt or discoloration that occurs as a deck gets used. When you transfer this breather to a brand new deck, won't it be slightly off in color when inserted into the deck?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
I'm assuming you're buying a method rather than just some gaffed cards, no?

Chris, AJ, you say you're very accurate with this card. How about if a spectator cuts--what are the chances that s/he hits the mark?

Jack Shalom
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-07-10 21:51, landmark wrote:
I'm assuming you're buying a method rather than just some gaffed cards, no?

Chris, AJ, you say you're very accurate with this card. How about if a spectator cuts--what are the chances that s/he hits the mark?

Jack Shalom

For $5 you get a blue back and red back gaff card. I guess you could make it yourself. I don't know how.

Yes, the spectator can make the cut. They have to cut it grabing the long sides. By showing them how, nothing is left to chance. Could they miss? Sure. But as Martin Nash says, if you want to create miracles, you have to take chances. Of course that's if you have a routine where they cut the cards.

e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
880 Posts

Profile of e-man
Speakoing of Martin Nash you may want to look into "Infinity & beyond"
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-07-12 01:36, e-man wrote:
Speakoing of Martin Nash you may want to look into "Infinity & beyond"

I mentioned Martin's "Infinity" in the original post. It's killer. If I was handed a deck, or didn't have a breather in the deck I was using, this is what I'd use.

serge storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
380 Posts

Profile of serge storms
I used to use a different breather method until I bought bob solaris-I like it alot.
As far as the spectator cutting. If they don't hit it in the cut, I hand it to a second spectator asking them to "cut again; we don't want to trust this guy..." you get the idea - but its usually a direct hit most times at least for me.
I do find the hit happens better and almost every time when the deck is newer but that may just be the way I do it or handle it.
I've put the card into another deck after using it for awhile and the color has never been an issue.
Get this if you're looking for something surefire and a no brainer!
magiclee
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magiclee
I can't seem to cut to the card using Bob's Breather, yet I can cut to it using a Quarter Crimp.
Any help.

magiclee
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Bob King describes how to use one in his two booklets on the breather. I'm sure there are instructions on making them. They are no miss after very little practice and under 30 seconds to make. I think he learn the breather from someone else. It is also in Vernon Chronicles #1.

Tom
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
I use the Infinity crimp too,it servers me very well.
I don't know what you will get with those gaffs,but for only 2.50USD each card its worth checking out.
Thanks for the link !
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
I really don't understand what the hoopla is over this? I use a breather in all my decks and I have never had a problem cutting to it.
Magic is a vanishing art.
vinwiesel
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of vinwiesel
Bob's Breather Card is a winner. And incredibly cheap. Even if you use another version of the breather you owe it to yourself to try a little different method and see what you think.

You can't beat the price of $5.00 with a stick. And, because Bob stands behind his stuff 100%, all you have to do is call him if you are unhappy with it and he will make it right with you.

Bob's simplicity in thinking up new tricks and new methods for old tricks, never ceases to amaze me. He must spend every waking second thinking up new stuff because he sure comes up with a lot of it each year. Keep it up Bob! Available at http://www.bobsolarimagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Bob's Breather Card by Bob Solari (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL