The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Comedy Juggling Routine (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
graemesd
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of graemesd
Is there such a thing? Other than the ability to make it look like you are out of control— which is not particularly funny but hilarious for six-year olds.

Suggestions please
TroyRoark
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield IL
282 Posts

Profile of TroyRoark
Well, I make a living doing it, so I'm pretty sure it exists. The trick is that YOU are the funny one, not the BALLS. I might suggest checking out the Comedy Magic posts. They translate well to comedy juggling acts also.

Troy Roark Smile
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
I'm hard pressed to think of a non-comedy juggling routine. Maybe M. Mochen, but other than that...
The Flying Karomotsof Brothers
The Flaming Idiots
W.C. Fields
ME!!! Smile
Lots of funny stuff out there!
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
I love performing eating the apple. It's funny and chaotic at the same time. Ever try to monkey juggle? What fun! Smile
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
Messy don't forget messy!!! Those apples!

Flaming Idiots are coming to town May 31. We are having an all day juggling party!
Woo Hoo

The World Champion Down Hill Ski/Juggling Fest is held in MI, that's always a good time!
And sometimes very funny!
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
When is this? June would be very funny. Smile
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3226 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Check out Randy Judkins at http://www.randyjudkins.com/
He is a terrific juggler and a hilarious entertainer. He even does some magic.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
Pokie-Poke,
The down hill ski juggling convention was St. Paddy weekend and it was 70 degrees. We all had sunburns and the snow was slow. There was a great deck on the warming house— we juggled outside in our shirt sleeves. I made sure there were plenty of balloon hats going down the hill! Smile

Take a look at my friend Josh's site, he's a comedy juggler. You can see his promo video too. Yeah he knows magic too. But wow can this guy juggle!

http://www.joshcasey.com/
Preston Burt
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Preston Burt
You should check out the Zucchini (sp?) Brothers. They are regular performers at the Atlanta Renaissance festival.

Juggling itself is probably not very funny. It all comes down to your performance. Maybe you can tell jokes while juggling, or have some music to go along with your routine. However, you must find your own way to do comedy juggling, as it can't really be taught. The most memorable jugglers I have seen were the ones that were hilarious.

Good luck to you!
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Last week My son took 1st place in the School Talent Show. He's 9 years old. He did a flawless 1:45 Sec Juggling routine to Kidtoons Music from Richard Wayne Music for Magicians. He used three balls, switched to several juggle methods and then concluded with a magician's blindfold mask.

An added touch for you would be to place a blindfold on and juggle sideways than as you turn toward the audience, one side of the blind fold has the eye portion cut out. It does bring a laugh.
Dennis Michael
The Wonder Company
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of The Wonder Company
Does anyone feel like sharing any of their favorite juggling routines? I always close my kids show by getting one of the older kids to lie on the floor (on a towel or something) and juggle my clubs over his head. After a bunch of near misses and jokes we strike a funny applause position and the kids go crazy with applause for the brave and daring "Tommy the wonder child" or whatever the kids name is.
I want to hear some MORE!!! What comes to mind? Smile
CWMoss
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of CWMoss
Eggs.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Use knives instead of clubs for a start. Remember you're dealing with 21st Century kids, not 18th Century and they really aren't that scared of clubs. If it's good out I use fire, can't fake fire, can fake knives and the darlings know it.

I also do this on a rola bola too. Looks much more fantastic that just juggling 3 clubs.

Increase the number of objects. Use 4 or 5 knives, do it on stilts, a unicycle etc.

Pass around the kid... ok you may work on your own, but if you use bounce balls you can create the same effect as if you were passing. Basically juggle a 4 ball fountain but bounce it 'round the child.

Roslyn
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Me and a friend did a juggling show together. He was introduced as the juggling master and I as the assistant. I gave him three balls and he juggled and dropped. He called for better balls which I gave him, took his "bad balls" and started to do some real tricks in the background. This made a laugh. The show continued in the same way through from balls, rings and finally knives. At some point he saw me juggling and started to chase me and we ran around, juggling and screaming. (A bit like joggling...) Chaotic, but funny - really.

Another thing that's funny is dropping the balls. Everybody waits for a drop, so do it in a controlled way. Rehearse your drops and don´t forget the dropline!

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
Kannible
View Profile
New user
LAS VEGAS
56 Posts

Profile of Kannible
Quote:
On 2004-04-03 05:01, CWMoss wrote:
Eggs.

That's pretty funny. I did that one time, and a friend "messed" me up, not good ending...LOL
Thanks... Kyle
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Do a Google, or ebay search on Richard Dingman he has several books with simple comedy juggling routines in them. His books are also availible from the IJA
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Info on juggling skits using audience members wanted.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I find them too heavy - unless you have three reasonably equal sized babies - say about 3 - 6 weeks old. But the parents are often not willing to let you use them. Its a sad world sometimes Smile Smile
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
I 100% disagree with mr Walker (sorry man). It is an extreamly poor idea to juggle knives over anyone let alone a child. I don't care how good the knives are or how sure you are of not dropping one. God forbid don't use dube knives for anything you plan on passing over or around some one.

FACT a dube weighs a pound. It will cut, hurt, bruise you.

FACT if god forbid you made a mistake, even if no one got hurt, you have still dropped what you have been claiming to be a sharp knife onto a child. People are also very protective with their children and may be likely to file a suit. At the least you can assure yourself you have lost a repeat gig.

FACT I have personally witnessed a parent yank their kid from a stage because a performer was about to do this bit. This was AFTER 5 min of jokes and build up. The rest of the show DIED!

You also do not need to increase the numbers for a trick like this. Maybe increase the tears IE: three clubs-over the kid-on a rolla bolla-while blindfolded. That trick has 4 tears. Increasing numbers increases the actual chance of you dropping a potentially harmful object onto your helper.

A final thought. We all want to make kids the star of the show but is it worth putting them in an actual position of danger (however slight it may be) This would be a good way to begin a law suit or end a career. We can make the children stars in different ways in the show. Who knows maybe children would respond more favorably to an adult being placed in a perilous position.

Regardless do whats you and what you feel comfortable with. Id like to say the above is just my personal opinion but it is my professional opinion as well.

Anton James
itshim
View Profile
Elite user
Milton Keynes
417 Posts

Profile of itshim
Anton,

Exactly my thinking. For children keep everything safe.

Nigel
I knew a man who kept saying "pliers, pincers, scissors". He was speaking in tongs.

www.itshim.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Comedy Juggling Routine (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL