The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Wow! Octagon Illusion, New From Dream Illusions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
Footprint = 40" X 6' less steps.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Jack,
Thanks for the size of the footprint! Not to big and not to small!

Ray

================

Jack,
I was wondering if this illusion could possibly be used in other ways. Just looking at it makes me think of other illusions.

Could the frame for the screen not be inserted in the slots and for lack of a better word, plugs placed in the tabletop to give it a flat look. This way the magician could produce his assistance by holding up a cloth or the other way around.

Also if the frame could be removed, would it be possible to perform a vertical Ashra?

How about switching one person out for other. Like making a man turn into a boy kind of thing.

I just see this thing being able to do more then this one effect.

This way the magician could be produced from the frame and later in the show the illusion minus the frame could be used for another effect.

Just an idea.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Jack,
I was wondering if this illusion could possibly be used in other ways. Just looking at it makes me think of other illusions.

Could the frame for the screen not be inserted in the slots and for lack of a better word, plugs placed in the tabletop to give it a flat look. This way the magician could produce his assistance by holding up a cloth or the other way around.

Also if the frame could be removed, would it be possible to perform a vertical Ashra?

How about switching one person out for other. Like making a man turn into a boy kind of thing.

I just see this thing being able to do more then this one effect.

This way the magician could be produced from the frame and later in the show the illusion minus the frame could be used for another effect.

Just an idea.
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
This is constructed in such a way that when you remove the frame and supports the table is already flat with only 4 small holes and 4 latches which lay flat.
Yes I believe ALL your suggestions would work!! Should I raise the price:)

Jack
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
No Jack, no...
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Jack,
How wide is the frame? I would like to know so that I may have an idea of its placement on stage.

I see that you have another illusion in the works. What is the effect of Wonder Window?

Thanks for your time in answering my dumb questions!

Ray
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
The "Octagon" frame is approx. 47". The Wonder Window is a Light Spiker designed by Roger Capps and formerly made by Chalet. Chalet made the one I have for sale. I currently have the building rights.

Not dumb questions:)
SeanScottMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of SeanScottMagic
Just wanted to drop a quick word about how easily Octagon breaks down. I also performed later in the show with the Mirror Images , and I was helped a little with breaking down Octagon into a case. A little is all it took. The abscence of hardware to break it down made all the difference. If we all reflect, it's all the small nuts, bolts, wingnuts, pins, wrenches, ratchets, etc... , we all go diving for to get the illusions up and down. Stage illusions are no longer my pursuit, but if you are going to have them it seems Jack understands the process.

Sean
http://WWW.THEARTOFSEANSCOTT.COM
AVAILABLE EFFECTS:

ROAMING
RISE
RENDER
MODOSU
FACTORY LINE
BANDARIZUMU
KI
MXL
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
What is a "Light Spiker"?
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
Instead of spikes it uses 16, 12" tube lightbulbs that come into the box, 8 from each side.
JoyJoy
View Profile
Special user
Germany
514 Posts

Profile of JoyJoy
Still no news of a more helpful Octagon-video?
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
Sorry, Joy Joy-----My site is on the same server as the Café' and when it crashed I lost all the updates etc. We're still working on restoring the site and getting a better vid.
Thanks for asking.

Jack
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
So... Exactly two years later, and still no decent video of Octagon & Head Gear. Jack, I love your work, and you sound like a really nice guy. It just seems that Dream Illusions does noe want us to see a performance of these 2 illusions. It may be because you feel if you show a true performance, people may be able to detect the method. And maybe, you feel that will affect your sales. Who knows??
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
Well Aaron, when someone promises to make a vid for me I trust that they will. Unfortunately this has not happened yet with Octagon. I have recently sold 2 Octagons. They are being fabricated now! I have now automated the screen turning, [no assistants]. I'm sure I will get a good vid from 1 or both of these buyers.
I have a completely new website and a new vid up as well for "Nightmare", check it out.

I no longer build "Gear Head"

Jack
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
The automated turning sounds like a great feature.
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Chris,

The feature is pretty cool. I got to get first glance at the feature and it is an excellent addition to this effect. You now don't have to worry about having assistants. Lowers your cost for backstage hands. I spoke to Jack and he has some more surprises up his sleeves....that is if he wears any in Florida LOL.

Best,
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
While I'm waiting for the Octagon Vid, here's one of "Just Passin' Thru". It was done without an audience.
http://www.disneyfans.com/_benulin/

Then go to:

BenUlin_appletv.mp4

Jack
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Wow! Octagon Illusion, New From Dream Illusions (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL