The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Le Plus Grande du monde (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
Thought you guys might enjoy this, not sure how many of things are "new" but I did think it was a treat to simply watch such a slick routine with obviously beautifully trained birds. And there definitely are a lot of birds. As someone with a somewhat restricted knowledge of bird magic (i dabbled but worries about bird flue and time constraints meant that I never ended up getting an act together) I was wondering if "experts" rate this as highly as I do?
Enjoy:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9vO_S2jRkGg

I was a bit confused as to why this appeared though as I always believed Grand du monde had a strict no animal policy, was this ever the case?
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
Westfield, North Carolina, USA
449 Posts

Profile of The Great Danton
I guess not seeing as there is another video of a magician, and he has a dog, rabbits, doves, etc.

I liked the performance, but I don't know much about animal magic yet. It looked well done, and his birds seemed very well trained.

Danton
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house."
David Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
197 Posts

Profile of David Boyd
Yeah that's a good act...

I don't know if theres a "no animal policy" I think Lee eun gyol was on the same show and he performed a bird act..

Does this only air is Europe?
Peace
David Boyd

www.myspace.com/harlemmagic
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I don't know that I'm an expert but this was a tremendous act in my opinion. His steals were quick and flawless. The act itself was different as you never knew what to expect.
Where the magic begins
magicneil
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of magicneil
I really enjoyed this act it was really smooth and the birds were very well trained.

I don't know if there was ever a strict no animal policy on Le Plus Grande du monde because there have been several dove acts and animal acts on the show in the past. Unless its a new policy.

Quote:
On 2007-07-13 13:34, David Boyd wrote:
Does this only air is Europe?

Hey Dave. Actually it airs in Toronto quite a bit aswell. Its a really good show.
David Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
197 Posts

Profile of David Boyd
YEah his act was performed flawless...

Neil- if you can tape it the next time and mail it to me that would be hot...
Ive seen some crazy magic acts on this program.. so I'm sure every episode is as good as the last...
Peace
David Boyd

magicneil
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of magicneil
Hey Dave I PM'd you.
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
I really liked this act, but felt that there were too many endings. I think he should have stuck with the one Macaw and not produced the green bird. I felt that the production of the green bird got a great response, and then came the macaw, and it kind of took away from the macaw (the real ending).

But it was nice! I love how he worked in the Parakeets! Smile
-Vinnie
David Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
197 Posts

Profile of David Boyd
Quote:
On 2007-07-13 23:22, Vinnie Laraway wrote:
I really liked this act, but felt that there were too many endings. I think he should have stuck with the one Macaw and not produced the green bird. I felt that the production of the green bird got a great response, and then came the macaw, and it kind of took away from the macaw (the real ending).

But it was nice! I love how he worked in the Parakeets! Smile
-Vinnie

Yeah the Parakeet productions were really good

As for the Green bird, I don't think it took away for the "real Ending" I think the dramatic productions before the macaw only keep the audience thinking...Whats next? and the once they think it cant get any better, he produces the macaw. Smile
Peace
David Boyd

mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
I really enjoyed the act. The birds were trained extremely well. I like the slow peiece in the middle with the streamer. It wasn't the traditional bird act. I also liked the variety of birds. Very exotic.

-Matt
just_larry
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of just_larry
There is NO No-animal policy on the show.
It is very animal friendly.

Just,
Larry
ARNOMAGIE
View Profile
Regular user
France
200 Posts

Profile of ARNOMAGIE
Thanks for your nice comments about my act !

ARNO
EdwardHilsum
View Profile
Regular user
England
145 Posts

Profile of EdwardHilsum
Hi Arno,

I loved your act - especially the cute parakeets!

I am interested in getting a couple of parakeets to add to my dove act and was wondering if you, or anyone else here on the forums, could tell me the name of the parakeet production you use in your act, where a silk goes into your pocket on its own and a parakeet comes out!

Thanks,

All the best,

~Eddy
David Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
197 Posts

Profile of David Boyd
Quote:
On 2007-08-04 18:04, EdwardHilsum wrote:
Hi Arno,

I am interested in getting a couple of parakeets to add to my dove act and was wondering if you, or anyone else here on the forums, could tell me the name of the parakeet production you use in your act, where a silk goes into your pocket on its own and a parakeet comes out!

David

Thanks,

All the best,

~Eddy

Im not 100% sure But I think that his parakeet productions were ideas he came up with.. Like the one you saw with the silk going into to the pocket.. Im guess he came up with the ways he produce the parakeets.
but I'm not sure maybe that silk into the pocket turning into the parakeet is on the market.. but Most likely its not and its his prob his effect... Smile

Ohh and Smile with the Parakeets!
Peace
David Boyd

EdwardHilsum
View Profile
Regular user
England
145 Posts

Profile of EdwardHilsum
Quote:
On 2007-08-04 19:47, David Boyd wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-08-04 18:04, EdwardHilsum wrote:
Hi Arno,

David

Thanks,

All the best,

~Eddy

Im not 100% sure But I think that his parakeet productions were ideas he came up with.. Like the one you saw with the silk going into to the pocket.. Im guess he came up with the ways he produce the parakeets.
but I'm not sure maybe that silk into the pocket turning into the parakeet is on the market.. but Most likely its not and its his prob his effect... Smile

Ohh and Smile with the Parakeets!

Thanks, I was wondering if it was his own idea, but I just thought I had sen it somewhere before - maybe him!

All the best,

~Eddy
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of knmagic
WOW, what a beautiful act. Thank you Nick for posting it.
Arno, I enjoyed your show a lot and I don't think you produced too many bird..Smile
The climax kept going up...Keep up the good work and please post some more.
Ken
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Le Plus Grande du monde (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL