The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Something I got from a Kreskin Book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

E.C. Valdemar
View Profile
Veteran user
Orange County, CA
301 Posts

Profile of E.C. Valdemar
I was going through my copy of Secrets of the Amazing Kreskin when I found a effect in there which I am really starting to fall in love w/ because of how simple, impromptu and amazing it could be IF it works. In the books it's called "Choose a Item" Does anyone here know this effect or of ones like it? This strikes me as something that could really work though I've been a little timid to try it. But I do plan on using it very soon.

I don't want to give the whole thing away, but it seems to be conditioning the audience to respond to a trigger you're creating to make them pick the item you've written down either before hand or at the same time that they are writing too.

It's really very interesting. Has anyone here tried anything like that?
Rob-ing you of your thoughts www.themindofrobert.weebly.com
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Not seen this, but it sounds like you would really like envoque - by doc Hilford.
2 spectators used. 7 items layed out - spectator one choses an item and writes it down without spectator 2 seeing it, spectator 2 makes a series of decisions and is left holding the object no.1 was thinking of. Totally impromptu as well.
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
E.C. Valdemar
View Profile
Veteran user
Orange County, CA
301 Posts

Profile of E.C. Valdemar
I love Envoque! I haven't used it but I've used my own version of it which I think is a little more impressive and faster to the point.

But the routines in the Kreskin book is basically a subliminal suggestion that makes the audience think of the idea you want them to. W/ out the Magicaian's Choice.
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Sounds interesting, will have to look into that. have you read building blocks by luke jermay? Luke has some great stuff about anchoring and triggering.
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
JustinCredible28
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
217 Posts

Profile of JustinCredible28
Hi E.C.-- I have this book too! Good stuff for the most part. The effect you speak of is not 100 percent, but I have indeed nailed it the couple times I have used it! The subtelty with the pen is so devious Smile Definately give it a go!

--Justin--
"a distorted reality is now a necessity to be free. . ." -- Elliott Smith

http://www.NWFortuneTeller.com
E.C. Valdemar
View Profile
Veteran user
Orange County, CA
301 Posts

Profile of E.C. Valdemar
Quote:
On 2007-07-19 03:21, mescalitoeyes wrote:
Sounds interesting, will have to look into that. have you read building blocks by luke jermay? Luke has some great stuff about anchoring and triggering.

You know I do have that book. I haven't read it in over a year. And again I haven't really used any from it. I think I'm going to have to reread that one later on. Thanx for the reminder!
E.C. Valdemar
View Profile
Veteran user
Orange County, CA
301 Posts

Profile of E.C. Valdemar
Quote:
On 2007-07-19 04:31, JustinCredible28 wrote:
Hi E.C.-- I have this book too! Good stuff for the most part. The effect you speak of is not 100 percent, but I have indeed nailed it the couple times I have used it! The subtelty with the pen is so devious Smile Definately give it a go!

--Justin--

What's up, Justin? I was really hoping I'd come across someone who had used it. I too was really impressed w/ the subtelties behind it. I really like the idea of using basically linguistics it such a way. And the fact that it's such a Impromptu effect really actracted me, too.

I knew it wouldn't be a 100%. Can I ask what percentage you think it hits at? 50%? 75% 80%?
JustinCredible28
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
217 Posts

I've only used this a handful of times, and missed once with it. I'd say maybe in the 75%, or so range? (But that's only been my own experience with it, so I wouldn't base anything concrete at all off of my own personal success rate, or lack thereof). Just see what you think when you perform it with confidence, and who knows-- your own percentage with this could be phenomenal! Then we can call you E.C. Kreskin from now on Smile haha, I'm just kidding around, man-- Either way, definately don't dismiss this one based on percentages!

--Justin--

chris_johnson_au
View Profile
Regular user
Queensland, Australia
113 Posts

Profile of chris_johnson_au
What exactly is the effect as a spectator would experience it?
Chris Johnson
0433 181 675
www.thementalist.com.au
JustinCredible28
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
217 Posts

You pass out a pencil and piece of paper to three spectators (although you can do it one on one with somebody as well), --you have a pen and piece of paper too-- place five different objects on the table. Using a subtle, UNSPOKEN command, you have them mentally select one object. At the same time you all write one object on piece of paper. If all goes accordingly, theirs' matches yours. It even states in the book though, that it will be at least two of the three, if not all 3 writing the same word. So while not 100%, you can see the potential in this effect!

--Justin--

chris_johnson_au
View Profile
Regular user
Queensland, Australia
113 Posts

Profile of chris_johnson_au
100% is for the insecure people Smile

It does remind me of something I remember Dave Lord showing me years ago.

I'm not sure if I saw it in Kreskin's book. The only book of his I've seen has been his autobiography.
Chris Johnson
0433 181 675
www.thementalist.com.au
Sensio
View Profile
Special user
I promise I won't exceed
641 Posts

Profile of Sensio
What is the book's title?

I have a couple of books by Kreskin but haven't read them fully...
E.C. Valdemar
View Profile
Veteran user
Orange County, CA
301 Posts

Profile of E.C. Valdemar
Quote:
On 2007-07-20 08:47, aware wrote:
What is the book's title?

I have a couple of books by Kreskin but haven't read them fully...

I got it from the book Secrets of the Amazing Kreskin. It might be in How to be a (fake) Kreskin, too.
JustinCredible28
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
217 Posts

It's definately Secrets of the Amazing Kreskin (page 95)

--Justin--

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Something I got from a Kreskin Book (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL